• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
This is blatently going to be a RPG or a turn based/strategy game. Theres no way they can do an actual Metal Gear Solid game, of the quality of MGS4, on the 360.

Call me a fanboy, but you need some hokus pokus' to do that.

You have such a one track mind.

Edit - The timer is still going. i wouldn;t be surprised if there was a MGS5 for the PS3 and 360 gamers get this.

Vee

You have such a one track mind.

Edit - The timer is still going. i wouldn;t be surprised if there was a MGS5 for the PS3 and 360 gamers get this.

I've actually thought about it quite alot. We know now that MGS4 would not have been possible on the 360 unless it was majorly downscaled. So surely, for this game to be playable on a 360 it will too have to be downscaled?

Its a pretty basic concept:

Imagine your a team, making a game for the PC. If you were told that your target audience all have incredibly powerful rigs, then you can go gung-ho and make a tremendous game.

On the other hand, if you were told that the game had to be compatible with every netbook being released right now, the game would suffer.

Obviously i've exaggerated here a bit, the difference between the PS3 and the 360 isn't as big as the difference between a gaming rig and a netbook. But it clearly illustrates my point.

On the PSP Go video that is on the front page of this site it mentions "MGS coming"

Also I believe MG-Rising will be for both 360 and PS3 as Kojima did not say it was an exclusive,

I'm pretty sure that was a reference to that future MGS PSP game. It isn't a PS3 related game.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
@ Vee - Who gives a fuck if MGS4 would have to be downscaled? How do you even know they would have to downscale it? FF13 looked pretty damn sexy on a 360 at E3 a few hours ago.

So does pretty much every single other game released on both units to date. RE5 and SFIV being the most recent ones that looks better on a 360.

If they haven't tried doing it yet, you don't know it's not possible. That's a fact.

hibbyware

Where did IGN get this extra info from as it was not stated at the press conference and no mention of it on the Kojima Productions report,

eldiablov

Contributor
I hope IGN screwed up. I want MGS to be available to the masses :/ going multi platform can only be a good thing.

Vee, there are some things you should just keep to yourself. Your comment about the power of the 360 is one of them. Seeing E3 made me realise the true potential of the 360 and made me come to the realisation that Sony's E3 display is going to be a fail.

Fives

I hope IGN screwed up. I want MGS to be available to the masses :/ going multi platform can only be a good thing.

Vee, there are some things you should just keep to yourself. Your comment about the power of the 360 is one of them. Seeing E3 made me realise the true potential of the 360 and made me come to the realisation that Sony's E3 display is going to be a fail.

Metal Gear Solid Rising Not Exclusive To 360 - G4tv.com

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
I know the art used isn't by any means an indication of the game, but i think that the picture and font for this look badass and i hope that game is that cool.

Adiuvo

I'm glad Raiden is the main character. Dragging Snake on another adventure would be way too much; both for the character itself and the storyline surrounding him.

Riorio99

I think that it may have different gameplay, considering the tag-line is "Lightning Bolt Action", rather than "Tactical Espionage Action" from the other games.

Slasher

Suck It
Wow Vee, are you ever ignorant or what?

MGS4 is perfectly capable of being ran on a 360. No doubt about it. There's nothing graphically groundbreaking about it. I've seen way better. The only thing really limiting it would be the size of the disc - which for example they could either a) compress the video/audio/whatever or b) make 2 discs. Big deal.

I know how much you love to cradle Sony's balls but jesus christ do you ever need a reality check. The PS3 really isn't all you're cracking it up to be.