• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Metal/Hardcore Discussion Thread!

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Am I the only one here who thinks deathcore is being overdone? I honestly can't stand much deathcore really. Suicide Silence and a handful of Job for a Cowboy's first record and I'm all deathcore'd out.

EDIT: One last thought, I'm glad Parkway Drive has more or less grown out of deathcore. So has Bring Me the Horizon. I like it when metal bands attempt a level of melody that isn't expected out of them.
I never was the biggest fan of deathcore to begin with, so I'm inclined to agree.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I really enjoy Whitechapel and some Suicide Silence, but other than that I don't listen to that much deathcore. I was never a huge fan of Parkway Drive, but I do love a few of their songs (Carrion especially). I do have a soft spot for some brutal breakdowns and ridiculous lyrics though, I mean if it hadn't have been for Whitechapel and Suicide Silence, I never would have thought about buying a 7 string guitar, but now I'm very glad I did, as a lot of bands are starting to use them (mostly Periphery and Born Of Osiris).

It does get pretty stale though, just like the Attack Attack! type bands that seem to be popping up a lot.

I hate Bring Me The Horizon though, I can't stand their vocalist, he pisses me off and I really don't like his vocal style.

on an unrelated note;

Did anyone else watch BTBAM's live stream of their concert tonight?? IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME. for their encore, they came out beatboxing and started to cover a nirvana song (Come as you are) as a joke, and they were being hilarious like just fucking around with the audience. Like they played the first 5 notes of selkies on keys then just went back to messing around before finally ending their show with Selkies, it was AMAZING. And also Blake did like a three minute drum solo that was sick. CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM ON FRIDAY OMG

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I really enjoy Whitechapel and some Suicide Silence, but other than that I don't listen to that much deathcore. I was never a huge fan of Parkway Drive, but I do love a few of their songs (Carrion especially). I do have a soft spot for some brutal breakdowns and ridiculous lyrics though, I mean if it hadn't have been for Whitechapel and Suicide Silence, I never would have thought about buying a 7 string guitar, but now I'm very glad I did, as a lot of bands are starting to use them (mostly Periphery and Born Of Osiris).

It does get pretty stale though, just like the Attack Attack! type bands that seem to be popping up a lot.

I hate Bring Me The Horizon though, I can't stand their vocalist, he pisses me off and I really don't like his vocal style.

on an unrelated note;

Did anyone else watch BTBAM's live stream of their concert tonight?? IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME. for their encore, they came out beatboxing and started to cover a nirvana song (Come as you are) as a joke, and they were being hilarious like just fucking around with the audience. Like they played the first 5 notes of selkies on keys then just went back to messing around before finally ending their show with Selkies, it was AMAZING. And also Blake did like a three minute drum solo that was sick. CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM ON FRIDAY OMG
If you want to call yelling and getting out of breath a vocal style.

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
[video=youtube;O5LqFyvAYLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5LqFyvAYLo[/video]

that is all

android - I was going to but my fucking internet cocked up when I saw it so I missed the entire thing! I was so pissed off haha

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I looove that solo! Born Of Osiris really stepped their game up for this new album, they were already pretty awesome musicians but they took it to a whole other level with their new album.

I hope it will be on youtube haha

Riorio99

So, I saw The Devil Wears Prada, Architects, Parkway Drive and BMTH last night.
Despite having lovely hair, Oli Sykes has to be the worst frontman of any band ever. He spends more time letting small girls touch him than singing. Disappointment, to be honest. TDWP and Architects were okay, bit boring, but not bad. Parkway kicked arse though, best band by miles.

Dan

Contributor
Haha, it was the same when I saw that set last week. At the end he just stage dived into all the scene girls at the front and got his shirt ripped. Throughout the show he was climbing up the PA equipment, I really hoped he'd fall off.

TDWP were pretty excellent to say I've not really listened to them, but Parkway were actually excellent.

Riorio99

I was stood near some of the equipment, out of the way of the crowd, and he came over to me and some of the scene girls stood near me and climbed up. I was stupidly tempted to push him off, but I settled for messing up his hair. Got yelled at by one of the girls. Best moment of the night.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I was stood near some of the equipment, out of the way of the crowd, and he came over to me and some of the scene girls stood near me and climbed up. I was stupidly tempted to push him off, but I settled for messing up his hair. Got yelled at by one of the girls. Best moment of the night.

1. Mess up Oli Sykes hair
2. Get shouted at by annoying scene girls
3. ???
4. Profit!

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Hahahahaha oh you rebel!! Messin up his hair and whatnot :eek: Jk haha, good job for fucking with him I hate that guy!

That reminds me one year I went to warped tour me and my Ex threw water bottles at Brokencyde and they almost hit one of them in the face and he looked at us and flipped us off and we fingered him back and lol'd at the scene girls that looked at us with disgust.

Dan

Contributor
Speaking of those faggots, they've recently been in trouble for beating up the drummer of Punchline (don't know about them), but apparently brokencyde and their crew ganged up and battered him.

Punched.jpg

androidkaita

Drop The Gun

Riorio99

Not only do they make poor 'music', they beat up kids now. Well done to BrokeNCYDE for making me hate them, instead of just not liking them.
They have a sketch on their new album about how they're not Slayer or whatever, addressing all the shit they get. It's hilarious.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Yeah, the guys and BrokeNYCYDE are tools. They even bragged about beating up Punchline's drummer on twitter (which I responded on Twitter calling them dumbshits and I hope they lose everything they have, I fell a wee bit short of wishing death on them or having their balls shot off with a 12-gage). Punchline then released their newest album for free with the URL: http://www.brokencydesucks.com

A bit more on the Punchline drummer incident: BrokeNCYDE and their security guys outnumbered the guys they beat up (10 to 2). And when BrokeNCYDE commented, their story made no sense. They justified that kind of assault because the drummer said they suck. It's worse that now BrokeNCYDE fans agreed with them for beating them up (again, outnumbered 10-2).

Dan

Contributor
I can't remember what order things happened, but one of them originally posted how they kicked the shit out of some guy, then on the official page, they stated how they hadn't boasted. By then, the original tweet was deleted. They need to get their shit together. Seriously hate those guys.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I can't remember what order things happened, but one of them originally posted how they kicked the shit out of some guy, then on the official page, they stated how they hadn't boasted. By then, the original tweet was deleted. They need to get their shit together. Seriously hate those guys.

Don't lie Dan, you love Brokencyde with a passion. Bree bree and all that.