• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Metal/Hardcore Discussion Thread!

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
It is perfectly normal for bands that were heavy to get soft. Look at Codeseven or Mewithoutyou. They used to be heavy. And then got less heavy as time has gone on. Or they are on the verge of selling out (Caleb was pretty chill when I met him so we'll see).

Yeah but it's still disappointing none the less :/

Eww eww eww eww eww eww. This is not the Attack Attack! I remember. Won't be getting this for sure :\

Agreed, let's just hope that they are just experimenting, and will not go this way on their next full length. They were all over the place with these 4 new songs, they had Pick A Side which was one of their heaviest songs ever, Last Breath which was pretty standard half and half, and then an Escape The Fate-esque song and a Fall Out Boy-esque song...

I Am Abomination's new release makes me happy though :)
[video=youtube;dQZ9TzcMa6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZ9TzcMa6I[/video]

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Dam. It was for a Asian Nazi Deathcore band where all members were asian and wore Nazi uniforms. They were looking for a new drummer apparently however it could have been just a troll post.

Dan

Contributor
Not surprised, they never gelled well. He removed his work information as The Human Abstract, and also removed Brett from Facebook. He's also not said anything about the upcoming tour with Periphery, and focuses on his dubstep project.

Also Dan has left TesseracT for anyone who's interested, there are rumours of him joining The Wanted. Elliot Coleman is replacing him, who is too sick and shouldn't be getting any hate.

http://soundcloud.com/haunted-shores/my-the-man-final

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Not surprised, they never gelled well. He removed his work information as The Human Abstract, and also removed Brett from Facebook. He's also not said anything about the upcoming tour with Periphery, and focuses on his dubstep project.

prolly jelly of his old bandmate getting all the teenage poontang.

WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
No, he's pudding!

That sucks about Travis, I really liked him with The Human Abstract :( I've been hearing good things about Tesseract's replacement vocalist though, so looking forward to hearing a good quality recording with him.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Just back from a BMTH gig in Dublin. Meh. 7/10 in my opinion if such things could be quantified. They were nowhere near as heavy or brutal as they could have been or have been in the past and sounded really sloppy. Oli Sykes voice is also messed up pretty bad. It was obvious that it was getting thrashed after the shift in sound from Suicide Silence and onwards but bloody hell. The guitarist was doing most of the growls. Ah well.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Jonah needs to take over that band permanently and kick Oli in the fucking balls.

If the band did kick Sykes out then they'd probably not have all the teenage girls buying the CDs in some vain hope of him pissing over them

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Just back from a BMTH gig in Dublin. Meh. 7/10 in my opinion if such things could be quantified. They were nowhere near as heavy or brutal as they could have been or have been in the past and sounded really sloppy. Oli Sykes voice is also messed up pretty bad. It was obvious that it was getting thrashed after the shift in sound from Suicide Silence and onwards but bloody hell. The guitarist was doing most of the growls. Ah well.

It's late in a tour-cycle. My friends saw BMTH early with August Burns Red and said that BMTH put on a better show (which is saying something because August Burns Red put on a damn good show).

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Somebody that doesn't hate BMTH? you're a rare breed my friend.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Also the TDWP is streaming their new album. I haven't listened to it yet.

http://www.deadthrone.com/

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
This is some of the heaviest stuff they've done but some songs have a nice sense of melody (talking about Dead Throne by TDWP).