• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Metal/Hardcore Discussion Thread!

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I realized there are only like five or six of us that ever post in the other threads about PTH, BOO, and etc so I figured it'd probably make more sense to just make a thread for all of it in general haha.

So discuss any metal/hardcore (or any obscure subgenre's and whatnot, I really don't care I'm not a genre nazi)

I'm so sad right now cuz I am missing the BOO/August Burns Red concert on Saturday due to finals and school ;(

Riorio99

That sucks.
I'm pumped for seeing Cancer Bats, Feed The Rhino and bunch of other bands at Hit The Deck festival in a few weeks, but Cancer Bats and Sylosis clash, which utterly sucks.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Nice haha, I'm not really a fan of Cancer Bats, but Canadian pride!

Yeah but I still get to see BTBAM and Job for a Cowboy at the end of april, I am so excited for that! I haven't seen BTBAM since before The Great Misdirect was released, and they only played three songs. This time they are headlining so it will be epic as hell!

Riorio99

BTBAM are touring with JFAC? Bit of a genre jump there, but sounds hella fun. Hopefully BTBAM will do some other UK shows other than just two shows in London.

Dan

Contributor
Next show is Bring Me The Horizon/Parkway Drive/Devil Wears Prada/Architects.

Have no fucking idea why I'm going. Got a Suicide Silence show coming up soon, then Born Of Osiris/Veil Of Maya/The Faceless whenever that's announced.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
BTBAM are touring with JFAC? Bit of a genre jump there, but sounds hella fun. Hopefully BTBAM will do some other UK shows other than just two shows in London.

Yeah I know, it's a really really weird tour, I would swap JFAC out for Animals As Leaders any day haha, but it should be pretty fun!

Next show is Bring Me The Horizon/Parkway Drive/Devil Wears Prada/Architects.

Have no fucking idea why I'm going. Got a Suicide Silence show coming up soon, then Born Of Osiris/Veil Of Maya/The Faceless whenever that's announced.

Lol ew I hate BMTH but the rest of that line up sounds pretty good.

I'd kill to see Veil of Maya and BOO, I missed whitechapel/Veil a month ago, man I'm missing everything :( I need to get a damn job lol

Dan

Contributor
Your faces when BTBAM literally just announced a UK tour with Animals As Leaders.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Your faces when BTBAM literally just announced a UK tour with Animals As Leaders.
I know lol :( thats why I said that. I wanna see Tosin Abasi shred like a motherfucker with my own eyes, I still don't understand how he can play like that...
PTH is not hardcore or metal. At all. That is all.
How aren't they lol?

Riorio99

PTH are something, but whatever it is they are definitely sits in Metal, somewhere. Me and some friends discussed a while back about what genre PTH actually where, and what we got was Progressive Metalcore/Musical insanity.

Dan

Contributor
PROG METAL AND MATH METAL ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT HURR DURR

It's all metal at the end of the day.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Yeah haha good enough for me, I hate when people are obsessive about what genre something belongs in... like post-cyber-neo-classical-blackened-grindcore or some shit lol

Dan

Contributor
Time for the final question. When can we expect you guys over here in Europe and what’s next on the BTBAM agenda?

"September we’ll be overseas for a month or so. Very excited to get back over there! Lots of touring for us this year, and we hope to write the next full length as well. Going to be busy times."

Might have bedn a facebook error though :p

explosions

I was half trolling/half voicing my opinion. It's *really* hard to put Nile and PTH in the same genre, imo.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
I was wondering if we could get some discussion on something I have been trying to come to a conclusion about for a long time. Who is/was better for Killswitch Engage? Jesse Leach or Howard Jones. I honestly can't decide. Jesse was a better lyricist, but Howard's vocals are fantastic. I can't tell which I would rather have.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I was wondering if we could get some discussion on something I have been trying to come to a conclusion about for a long time. Who is/was better for Killswitch Engage? Jesse Leach or Howard Jones. I honestly can't decide. Jesse was a better lyricist, but Howard's vocals are fantastic. I can't tell which I would rather have.

I much prefer Howard Jones. Much better overall in my opinion.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I've only ever heard KSE with Howard, but I think he's pretty awesome. I only like a few songs by them though, My Curse is badass haha.

I don't feel as bad about missing last night's show (August Burns Red) because it turns out that Born Of Osiris never showed up and they were like 3/4 of the reason I wanted to go!