• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Metro 2033 Discussion

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Really surprised there's no official thread for this yet.. anyone start playing it? I've logged about 7 hours already. This one took me by surprise. I was anticipating Stalker on steroids but it's something much more special. Single player GOTY potential? Definitely.

Here's a gameplay video I took if you are interested. 720p version is available over on Youtube.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg_RcB91x2o[/YT]

Joey

I saw you playing this the other day, and I was gonna ask you what you thought of it.

Definitely been on my radar abit. I'll check it out when I get some extra cash.

Seth

MD Party Room
I was going to wait for he big dogs(ign,xplay,gamespot) to review it but seems none of them have. Right now Gamestop has this game used for 44 bucks and it buy one get one used game free so it a really tempting to get this game plus Mass effect 2

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm about 90 minutes into this so far and the atmosphere is fantastic. I'm not far enough to really make an opinion yet, but I will sink some hours once I finish GoW3.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
While I agree that it looks amazing, I don't think I'll be checking this out. The screenshots and video haven't really shown me anything that grabbed me and don't particularly make me wanna play it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just finished the first extended sequence above ground. This game does a very good job at making you feel vulnerable at all times. I was going to slow checking every area for supplies and I actually ran out of gas mask canisters. It forced me to frantically sprint forward while losing vision and gasping for air to find a corpse to loot some off of.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I find the atmosphere in Metro very similar to that of the first Condemned. I'm about to finish Chapter 6 I believe, and having a pretty good time playing this.

I did have to drop the difficulty down in the Library to Easy because I was getting my ass handed to me by the Librarians. It took me a while to get into the story, but I am really interested to see how this one turns out.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I find the atmosphere in Metro very similar to that of the first Condemned. I'm about to finish Chapter 6 I believe, and having a pretty good time playing this.

I did have to drop the difficulty down in the Library to Easy because I was getting my ass handed to me by the Librarians. It took me a while to get into the story, but I am really interested to see how this one turns out.

You were getting your ass handed to you by librarians? old ladies? Sounds funny when out of context of course ;) I just started this game and so far don't know what I think about it, need to play more of it. So far it looks great, just need to get into combat (first combat scenes weren't very good imo)

Adiuvo

I absolutely love this game. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever, the story is fantastic, and the atmosphere is spot on, especially above ground.

Adiuvo

Just beat it. Ending was fantastic.

[BLACKOUT]It's a shame I didn't get the good one though. I didn't give bullets to the beggers in the 2nd station or give a bullet to that kid, and I didn't refuse the bullets from that mom, so I failed the 6 'goodness' requirement.[/BLACKOUT]

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Also got the bad ending here.. going to try and get the good one on a second playthrough. I really enjoyed it. Best game of 2010 so far for me.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Got the game on Steam 2 days ago right after it went on sale. Just after playing about an hour of it so far and really liking it. The 'dark ones' looked like greys from the daydream/teleport where Hunter appeared in the tunnel to Riga. Gunna jump back into the game and push forward. At the bridge in Chapter 2 at the moment with Bourbon.

Also, it looks really freaking dam good. Pity that Very High settings puts my fps at around 17fps but High is doing alright with around 50fps

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Beat the game on Normal difficulty just there and it's great. Steam counts me as playing for 10 hours although that's including waiting at the menu, having the game paused, chatting via overlay, etc. Really freaking beautiful game.