• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Microsoft E3 Conference

Andy

Champion of the Sun
In fairness that was a dirty hack, retro fitting burnout for the purpose of a demo. Add to that the fact that they have around a year to clean Natal up and this is amazingly promising.

Still, I wonder how they could make it possible to change the power of acceleration. It would have to pick up suck tiny movements in your foot, and it could become a bit of a hassle if you loose track of where your foot should be.

Maybe they could release a plastic foot pedal, it would make it easier to keep your foot steady, and it would also make it easier for it to track the adjustments of your foot.

twelve

I'm not dead
In fairness that was a dirty hack, retro fitting burnout for the purpose of a demo. Add to that the fact that they have around a year to clean Natal up and this is amazingly promising.
Oh yeah, there's no denying it's impressive but it has highlighted that in it's current state it isn't perfect.

For instance if there's no way of making acceleration and braking analog then this will never work with Forza.

Joey

Oh yeah, there's no denying it's impressive but it has highlighted that in it's current state it isn't perfect.

For instance if there's no way of making acceleration and braking analog then this will never work with Forza.

Honestly, using that thing in a racer is possibly the least interesting application possible for it.

I think Milo seems to show off it's real potential. It would change RPG's, and make them less menu driven, and more interactive.

With that said, from what I've heard Milo was pretty much broken for anybody who tried it.

Holding your hands out and miming a steering wheel, or jumping around like you're on a skate board, are seriously the last things I want to do.

The ways in which the Wii and DS are most successful, is with games where the actions you perform couldn't have been replicated with a button press. Games like Boom Blox and Kirby Canvas Curse come to mind.

Holding your hands out like a fool does not seem more practical than a controller.