• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Microsoft's ZUNE

tipok

Hi All!
I'm not good in ARM, MIPS programming, but:

I had misfortune to buy M$ ZUNE to listening my music and radio, watching videos and browse network by WiFi. But after i found that firmware is suck (like all other M$ products). That's why start to research this device to make it little better.

So i need help to execute my own code in this device.

What I have for today:

1. The RockBox project - open source replacement firmware for mp3 players (is the target to install to ZUNE).
2. This device use WindowsCE architecture. But firmware signed with SHA1 (nk.bin - eboot.bin (+RSA encryption) - recovery.bin)
3. The firmware of ZUNE looks like Toshiba's Gigabeat S 30 mp3 player's То extract it use XDA-Dev tools.
4. Zune have many leaks (some of them i fount myself) like:
If we playing asf files (created by VLC) after little time player just "cold" reboots without any messages. Maybe we can write "hallo world application" inserted in asf file.

All what needed - is to create "hallo world" Windows CE executable used asf leak. After this we can create simple games for Zune.