• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Midi on the PSP

Darkchild

The Doctor
Hey y'all... I love midi, I absolutely love it, but... I would even love more to have it on my PSP..I googled a bit and found a program called "Timidity++" that was ported to the PSP, but when I downloaded it and ran it, It required a "timidity.cfg"... After 3 hours for installing linux in VMware and transferring all files needed I made it! Now here's what you've got to do!

1. Download the attachment here : View attachment timidity.zip

2. Extract the "timidity" folder in your PSP/GAME150

3. Download THIS

Extract it anywhere on your computer

5. Inside the previously extracted folder you will see 2 folders, one named "Drum_000" and another one called "Tone_000", Rename "Drum_000" to "drums" (yes it's case sensitive!)

6. Move the folder "drums" to timidity's root

7. Move all files in "Tone_000" to the inst folder

8. Put your midis in the "midi" folder, and enjoy!

I forbid copying this tutorial to any other website!

P.S: I didn't find all Instruments so..don't expect this to sound as good as it sounds in windows or mac!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
I downloaded that big instrument arc you linked to... I'll see if I can't get it going with PSP timidity. Then i can compare them. :)

Darkchild

The Doctor
yeah, its gonna take a while, you might as well install timidity on your linux distro and start working
if you need I can MAKE midis for each instrument =D

Chilly Willy

Contributor
yeah, its gonna take a while, you might as well install timidity on your linux distro and start working
if you need I can MAKE midis for each instrument =D

Well, one MIDI that played a few seconds of each instrument would be pretty cool as a test file. If you can't do them all in one, maybe break it into tests of each family in the GM instruments. Guitars, pianos, strings, etc.

Darkchild

The Doctor
yeah, if you need one PM me and I will send it to ya (saying which instrument family of course xD)