• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Missing Platforms on Exophase

Thornskade

Hey y'all,

I'm very new to this, basically just created my account, and so far this seems like an excellent tool to get an overview of my playtime and achievements in ordered lists and hopefully I can eventually clear most of my backlog. Fingers crossed.

But I immediately noticed that there's a few platforms strangely missing. When trying to manually add a game, there's no option to select Epic Games, itch.io, Game Jolt or Twitch. (Robot Cache is new and not well-known but it's a thing). Meanwhile, Linux and Mac are there and considered their own platforms, and PS5, a system that doesn't even exist yet, is already included in that list. Okay...
I understand not automatically tracking games of these platforms since they feature no achievements (yet), but they should at least be selectable for manual additions methinks. I would really appreciate it! :)

Another platform that does have achievements for automatic tracking and is missing is Social Club/Rockstar Games. Would be awesome if this could be added as well. Cheers, and thank for listening as well as creating this site. It's really quite fancy.

P

PortaledEdge

Oh sweet, achievement guides! Had no idea that was in progress, but that’s excellent. I’ve got some myself I would write (plus transferring one of mine from PSNProfiles)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
For games that aren't tracked we pull that info from GiantBomb's database. The platform listings are setup the same way they have them. Unfortunately, they seem to lack some of the platforms you mention.

We do add missing games mentioned in this thread: https://forums.exophase.com/threads/game-database-additions-corrections.41296/

If an entire platform is missing, I'm willing to add it, but we need an easy way to import the data - preferably from the source itself. I'll look into the ones you mentioned. For Epic Games I think we'll wait for the achievement system since it's hopefully not far off from release.

Thornskade

Neat. I had no idea Epic was planning achievements but it indeed looks like it:

By the way, on your roadmap it says Uplay achievements are on hold, but from what I can see Uplay achievements are already being tracked. Is there something I'm missing or is that simply an error?

Sachifus

Neat. I had no idea Epic was planning achievements but it indeed looks like it:

By the way, on your roadmap it says Uplay achievements are on hold, but from what I can see Uplay achievements are already being tracked. Is there something I'm missing or is that simply an error?
Hello! Only Uplay challenges are tracked at the moment, not the achievements ;)

Thornskade

Wow. I had no idea that Uplay had two types of achievements. I only knew about the challenges.

It's crazy, I went through my games to see all these achievements I apparently unlocked and never knew about. Does Uplay not notify you when you unlock an achievement?

U2NUMB

Nope.. Uplay challenges are tracked. That is all that can be pulled.. Uplay achievements are not pulled. Leave it to Ubi to have 2 overlapping systems..

EvilAaron

Nope.. Uplay challenges are tracked. That is all that can be pulled.. Uplay achievements are not pulled. Leave it to Ubi to have 2 overlapping systems..

Any best way for people to send Ubisoft feedback to expose achievements for scraping?

So crappy that they don't have a public wall for sharing displaying and more importantly scraping for aggregation.

BigHatPaul

Any best way for people to send Ubisoft feedback to expose achievements for scraping?

So crappy that they don't have a public wall for sharing displaying and more importantly scraping for aggregation.
Maybe Twitter? I just got Uplay+ to goof around with and only thought there were challenges, had no idea there were a full list of achievements as well.

EvilAaron

Maybe Twitter? I just got Uplay+ to goof around with and only thought there were challenges, had no idea there were a full list of achievements as well.

I submitted a ticket referring to uplays inability to share, brag, scrape Uplay achievements. See what the response is. Listed all the game services with api or public facing web page to try an highlight Uplays lacking in this regard. Twitter be an idea, have not logged in there for a while...

My ticket I submitted:
When viewing club area of games on Uplay I can view challenges but not achievements, thus no way to share or show them off or scrape them for display on achievements sharing services such as exophase.com

Uplay is the only major service with achievements that cannot be shared with friends, Steam, Origin, Google Play, GOG, Stadia, PSN and Xbox platforms api's or public facing web pages to share in game achievements.

Uplay displays challenges but achievements are locked up tight and for a users personal viewing only, kinda ruins bragging rights if I can't share or display them. Uplay needs to remove limitation on its platform and allow folks to view and share game achievements unlocked when playing Uplay titles, Thank-You

Ticket of lacking support due to Uplay shortcomings link - https://trello.com/c/50f8IRPV

Yatesl

As there's no way to get public Uplay achievement data, would you consider letting us manually add them? Obviously this is open to "abuse", but... Well, for Uplay, is that an issue?

I just like to be able to see all my achievements in one place, not necessarily compare where I am on leaderboards etc. The other platforms don't need a manual option due to them scraping.