• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3DS Miyamoto Evades 3DS Redesign Talk, Says Nintendo Is Looking Ahead to Next Handheld Generation

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
miyamoto3ds.jpg

Nintendo has been quick to release new revisions of hardware in the past, but so far, that hasn't been the case with 3DS. It's been a little over a year since its debut and we still haven't heard a peep about a possible redesign. In fact, Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto has revealed to IGN that the company isn't thinking about changing the look of 3DS hardware at all, rather it is focused on planning for the eventual successor of 3DS.

"I really feel like I'm satisfied with the 3DS hardware as it is.

Continue reading...

hush404

Why... are they thinking about future handhelds if they just launched the 3DS last year? :S That seems to be jumping the gun... no?

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Probably invested too much money developing it.

And honestly a bigger screen would not do it any good considering the resolution of them.

I thought that the DSi XL would be great even though it has the same resolution, but when I got one and used it for several months. It did not sit well with me for many reasons.

Come to think of it, I've used every revision of the DS and hated them all except for the original Phat DS.