• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Mobile version small bug.

LocutusEstBorg

I couldn't find a easily visible link to the mobile version of the forums anywhere and had to search the regular forums on my phone forever to find it.. It would be cool if there was a link at the top.

And Opera Mobile doesn't seem to display the color "red" or "ff0000". It shows white instead and thus the currently hilighted link is invisible (hilight color depending on phone theme I guess). maybe if you made it fe0000 instead.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Where is the mobile version link? I thought it would be at the bottom with the theme changer but I couldn't find it. Damned if I'm gonna be searching all over for it on my Pearl.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I couldn't find a easily visible link to the mobile version of the forums anywhere and had to search the regular forums on my phone forever to find it.. It would be cool if there was a link at the top.

And Opera Mobile doesn't seem to display the color "red" or "ff0000". It shows white instead and thus the currently hilighted link is invisible (hilight color depending on phone theme I guess). maybe if you made it fe0000 instead.

Hi Torch,

I've looked into this and MfM Forums Mobile (just to be sure we're talking about the same thing) uses #FF4400 as the a:hover colour. How did you discover that it was using "red" or "ff0000"?

I'll change it to red to see what happens, but I'm interested in your response.

Sorry for the late reply :)

Edit: Furthermore, I could, maybe, add a link to the bottom for the mobile version of the forums, and possibly do the same on the front page. Would that be alright? Placing it at the top is a bit more tricky as we're trying to keep the clutter to a minimum there.

LocutusEstBorg

Actually the user names of the admins which are "red" were showing up as white instead while browsing the forums. The other member types names show up in the right colours.

I already knew for a fact that red and ff0000 always shows up as white so I assumed the hover links were red too. So whatever color it is is showing as white too.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Hmm, strange. I've heard of this before...I'll have to look into it. Do you, perhaps, know of any discussions on this weird quirk?

LocutusEstBorg

I already searched regarding this and Opera Mobile, but couldn't find anything. Opera Mini shows it fine though, but you might as well browse the desktop site on Mini.