• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Modded 360 without live ban?

Cryox

Bro.
Is there any way (and if so, how?) to mod flash the 360's dvd drive so it can run backups etc and not get banned? is there some sort of mod/no mod switch or something?

I want to know because my xbox got e74, and i'm way out of the warrenty period. so i thought, if im going in to fix it, why not flash it in the process?

so, thanks to any help

and also, if i were to rrod my xbox, does MS still fix those for free? or how does that work?

thanks
~tbb15

Seth

MD Party Room
and also, if i were to rrod my xbox, does MS still fix those for free? or how does that work?

thanks
~tbb15

MS will not fix your 360 if it Rrod.Unless you kept that sticker unbroken...

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
ixtreme is undetectable. i dunno what the newest version is because someone stole mine but just google it and you should find it.

eldiablov

Contributor
ixtreme 1.5 is the newest version. Ensure all your games are stealth checked with abgx360 and an updated database and you wont get banned.

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
As long as the games are properly patched (SS, DMI, PFI, and Video) and you don't play them weeks before official release in your area, you should be more in the safe zone.

The latest iXtreme firmware is 1.4 for the Hitachi drives.
The latest iXtreme firmware is 1.5 for the BenQ, Samsung, and LiteOn drives.

About the RROD and sending it back, fortunately some of these 360s can be opened and the sticker can still look like it hasn't been touched. When you go to open it, just pull up the latches carefully and the sticker will go up with it.

Finally, there's ALWAYS a chance of getting banned from Live. So if you're going to mod it, that means you're willing to take the risk :)

Cryox

Bro.
okay, thanks guys

edit:
would my live account be banned or just the 360?

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
;)

Your gamertag won't be banned, just the console.

Cryox

Bro.
well, why not? i wouldn't have to get all the achievements again, game saves, and re-send friend requests.

and my 360 probably won't last much longer anyways if i fix it.

I'll probably have two 360's in the end either way.