• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Modding xbox 360 hdd

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
If you haven't heard or don't care I'm getting an xbox360. Even though I want an elite. I don't know if I'll be able to find one where I am. I'm almost certain I'll get one but if not is it possible to put a bigger harddrive in the premium xbox with 20gb one. Without doing anything too drastic or risky to the system.

J

Junit

I'd just buy an elite if you want a bigger harddrive , I havent even used 20 gigs on my 120 harddrive , 20 gig seems fine , elite is just if you want to download everysingle demo xD

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Junit you kinda have a habbit of beating around the bush when asking my questions while I know you do it to try and be helpful all i really want to know is my first question.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Uh, you can just buy the 120GB HD seperate, man. You don't HAVE to have an elite to have 120GB. But to directly answer your question, no, there is no way to replace the HD with a non-official HD, that I know of- and even if you could, it would obviously be a 2.5" HD in the enclosure, which would be far more expensive than the official 120GB costs- I mean, you would have to buy an official 20GB, which used to be 100 bucks, don't know now, and then buy, say, a 100GB 2.5" HD, which is 75 bucks or so- then, if it DID work, you would replace the 20GB in the enclosure- the total cost would be 175, IF it worked, which the 120GB is only 170, and you KNOW it works.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Uh, you can just buy the 120GB HD seperate, man. You don't HAVE to have an elite to have 120GB. But to directly answer your question, no, there is no way to replace the HD with a non-official HD, that I know of- and even if you could, it would obviously be a 2.5" HD in the enclosure, which would be far more expensive than the official 120GB costs- I mean, you would have to buy an official 20GB, which used to be 100 bucks, don't know now, and then buy, say, a 100GB 2.5" HD, which is 75 bucks or so- then, if it DID work, you would replace the 20GB in the enclosure- the total cost would be 175, IF it worked, which the 120GB is only 170, and you KNOW it works.

There is a way to use a non-official 120 GB HDD. Much cheaper but you will need to buy a specific model.

Details here - http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1531

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
There is a way to use a non-official 120 GB HDD. Much cheaper but you will need to buy a specific model.

Details here - http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1531

Fair enough- I was speaking completely hypothetically, for I did not know if such a thing existed. That's pretty cool, although I'd still want an official instead of an ugly HD stickin' out of my 360 :p