• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Monitor distortion

fenerche

Hi.I have a KSA LCD monitor and 2.1 CreAtive speakers,which I placed on both sides of the monitor.Recently I noticed there was some kind of a distortion in the monitor (like some small trembling lines) and I suspect that the speakers have something to do with it (magnetic distortion IMO).Is there any way I can solve this problem? I tried to move the speakers away from the monitor but I also have an aquarium on my PC desk so there isn't much room.Any help will be appreciated.

P.S
Sorry if my explanation is unclear.English isn't my native language :)

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
Does it only tremble when your speakers are on the desk?
Try just taking them off and setting them on the floor for a second and see if that stops the trembling, if it does, then it's definitely your speakers that are causing your monitor to react that way.

fenerche

Well,the cable isn't really that long so I manged to move them only about half a metre away but the trembling remained.It's strange though,that previously the trembling could only be slightly noticed while the screen is dark (eg. loading screens)but today I accidentally moved the speakers and the trembling became stronger.That's the reason to suspect my speakers.But don't newer speakers have any protection? I mean, any way to "isolate" the magnetic influence on the screen... I'm oficially confused.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
If you are using a power strip/extension cord, that could also be a problem. Just try unplugging the speakers from the wall or power source to see if the trembling ceases.

fenerche

The trembling remains...Damn! It must be the monitor.