• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I ran out at lunch today to go grab a copy of Left 4 Dead, which I did, but I also realized that this new MK was also out. I picked it up for the PS3, so if anyone else will be playing it, feel free to let me know what your PSN is. I

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I played this more than Left 4 Dead last night, I think something is wrong with me. It's a nice throwback fighter. Not too much 3D movement which is the way fighting games should be in my opinion.

Chathurga

I loved MK Trilogy, how does this compare to that gameplay wise? MKT was the only fighting game I've ever really enjoyed, all the others take themselves too seriously.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Chathurga said:
I loved MK Trilogy, how does this compare to that gameplay wise? MKT was the only fighting game I've ever really enjoyed, all the others take themselves too seriously.

It's very reminiscent of that. The gameplay is a little slower, but all of the moves of the old characters are there. I also loved Trilogy and played the hell out of that when I was in college with my a few of my friends who were fighting game fans.

You can still sidestep some attacks or when getting up, but after that, everything lines up like a 2D fighter. Each character doesn't have swords or different fighting styles like the recent MK titles, so it's definitely closest to Trilogy in terms of gameplay.

The characters are much larger on screen than in Trilogy though.

Blackout

Syntek

I'm getting use to sub-zero.

Seth

MD Party Room
How online play?

Is it anything like the shit that is soul calibur 4?

twelve said:
TeamXbox
8 out of 10

IGN

7.5 out of 10

Official Xbox Magazine

8.5 out of 10

GameZone

7.9 out of 10
1UP

B-
GameSpy

3.5 out of 5

GameDaily

8 out of 10

Gamervision

8 out of 10
Giant Bomb

5 out of 5
ZTGameDomain

8.4 out of 10

Alot of these no name reviews are give it a 8ish...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just thought I would mention, that there was a point last night when I was playing the Story Mode for the DC side that I actually got a decent laugh. (There is a story mode for the MK and DC side which just basically switch perspectives, etc.)

The evil doer this go around is the result of Shao Khan and Darkseid merging by way of a portal/boom tube accident. In the scene Lex Luthor is laying out what happened with a couple of other characters milling about in the background, one of them being the Joker. When Luthor calls this new creation “Dark Khan,” the Joker promptly gives his best impression of William Shatner from Stat Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. If you’ve seen the movie, you know what seen I’m referring to.

Pretty funny and unexpected.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Abe Froeman said:
When Luthor calls this new creation “Dark Khan,” the Joker promptly gives his best impression of William Shatner from Stat Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. If you’ve seen the movie, you know what seen I’m referring to..
This scene I imagine would be funny coming from the Joker.
shatner_st2.jpg

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
NeilR said:
This scene I imagine would be funny coming from the Joker.
[qimg]http://www.lovehkfilm.com/blog/juiyinjong/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/shatner_st2.jpg[/qimg]

They even do the pan out shots with the echo. Very entertaining.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I just got the uncensored version, only to find out Midway blocks it depending on your region (as opposed to 2 different disks) so a NTSC-U unit can't play uncensored.

Eitherway I'm having a fantastic time playing this game. The story is hilarious and witty.

when after you defeated Shazam with Wonderwoman, Subzero says, "You should have finished him". It made me lol

I'm really horrible at this game but I want to keep playing for the story.

twelve

I'm not dead
Sousanator said:
I just got the uncensored version, only to find out Midway blocks it depending on your region (as opposed to 2 different disks) so a NTSC-U unit can't play uncensored.
What about if you play it on a UK account?

I saw this in the shops today and wanted to get it but I couldn't remember if I put it on my xmas list for games I want. Turns out I didn't so could have got it.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
twelve said:
What about if you play it on a UK account?

I saw this in the shops today and wanted to get it but I couldn't remember if I put it on my xmas list for games I want. Turns out I didn't so could have got it.
I got the 360 version (no clue how to change region without formatting), so idk about the PS3

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Hiratai said:
I have one that's region free if you haven't already found it.

Mortal.Kombat.vs.DC.Universe.UNCUT.XBOX360-VATOS

http://www.abgx.net/filename/?ch=6&...tal+kombat+vs+dc&bin_search_results=0&x=0&y=0
Both release's are region free, but that one is not uncut like the name suggests. Both CCCLX and Vatos are technically uncut, but only PAL for consoles (or maybe accounts?).

Either way I just finished this game on both sides (after beating the DC side I started the MK side and finished within 2 hours).
I would try the other things, but I unless I get a PS3 designed 360 controller (like Ben Heck's) I wont bother since its hard to be consistent using the 360 D-Pad.