• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 MS Points won't redeem

Cryox

Bro.
So, I walked down to BlockBuster today to get a 1600 MSP card. When I got home, I entered in the code and it gave me the "This card needs to be activated by the retailer, please contact retailer, blah blah" So I contacted BB and the guy told me to come back. So I went back and the guy said the computers said it was activated and that it was weird it didn't work. He exchanged it for a new one, and that didn't work either. I went back and he told me to come back in the morning to talk with the manager.

I was just on xbox live, and I heard some other people talking about how their cards won't work either. So now I have this feeling that it's a global (or widespread) issue and not just my local stores fault.

Has anyone heard about anything like this? I have searched quite a bit and found nothing.

tl;dr: MS point card says not activated by retailer, it is, happened to others, widespread problem? Heard anything?

Cryox

Bro.
ahh, thank you

Is there an estimation anywhere on when it will work again?

Cryox

Bro.
There's no estimation on it, I would've expected it to be fixed already so hopefully sometime tomorrow

Yeah, just tried it again and it worked.

Any idea on why they (I'm assuming they) took it down? Could it have anything to do with that MS point gen thing that has been going around?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah, just tried it again and it worked.

Any idea on why they (I'm assuming they) took it down? Could it have anything to do with that MS point gen thing that has been going around?

had to do with the amount of traffic from the MW2 DLC Im guessing