• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Must have iPod/iPhone games?

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Woah a rep system. I just noticed. :D

_Syn

Woah a rep system. I just noticed. :D

I don't love you anymore, you spammed! :cry: Thanks chw :mad:

To stay remotely on topic, the only game I have on my Touch right now is iDracula. How far have you guys went? I only went on Survival for 5 minutes, I managed to get the grenade launcher :blush:

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I got 6 minutes the last time I played. I hate those stupid spider things. They drain your life so quickly and you barely notice them.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I know I suggested FieldRunners earlier in the thread, but someone i know just wrote the game 'geoDefence" and it's priced at $ .99 USD. Basically, it was released three days ago, all of a sudden a thread opened at the toucharcade forums, and a few hours later, it had grown to somewhere around 8 pages. He made about 500 sales the first day alone. I bought it yesterday, and be warned, it is a bit harder than the average TD game, but it is quite fun. ;)

B

Bizarre

I am going to have to go with iMafia and iDracula.
Both fun and addicting games.

BlackSheep

Another bump (just got a new ipod)
ATM
N.O.V.A
GTA
Doodle Jump
And Rollando 2
Any good apps that i should know about?
another thing ive been searching for the tennis game that comes out in most of the ads for the ipod it like wii tenis and theres a red team and a blue one

MenaceInc

Staff Member
never knew this thread was here. Anyways, my suggestions

Hook Champ ++++
Super Quickhook ++++
Canabalt
Fragger ++++
Internal Force
Minigore ++++
Phoenix Wright
Real Racing ++++
:Shift:
Space Invaders
Space Invaders Infinity Gene ++++
Super Monkey Ball 2 (no need to get the first imo)
Toy Bot Dairies
Toy Bot Dairies 2
Toy Bot Dairies 3
Vector Tanks ++++
X-Plane 9
Zenonia
Zombieville USA ++++

That would be my 'essential' list. Any with pluses beside them, I REALLY recommend you get and play. Awesome games.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Super Monkey Ball 2 doesn't work on Jailbroken devices.

Wouldn't know, I generally don't jailbreak. Many of the features I would of wanted like SpringBoard backgrounds and multitasking are available in iOS4 now anyways. xD

LocutusEstBorg

Its about the right to use your property in any way you see fit and not if they simply provide everything they think you need.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Its about the right to use your property in any way you see fit and not if they simply provide everything they think you need.

When exercising that right results in apps not working, it's time to think about being self-righteous.

EDIT: Just a thought as well but all the people I know who jailbroke their devices did so just to get installous which is used mainly for piracy. It's a pretty delicate discussion that I believe shouldn't be introduced into this thread but it is an issue.

LocutusEstBorg

SMB2 is the only one I know of. Skype shows a warning about jailbroken devices not being officially supported despite it being a free app :/

Piracy is a non-issue on the iPhone. Even I buy legit stuff because its priced correctly. Take a high quality game like Prince of Persia Warrior Within. Its a solid PS2 port with better graphics. It cost around Rs.330. A portable game that actually costs less than a PC game! Who would have figured?!? Compare that with the PSP version that costs twice as much as the PC version. Anyone who buys an iPhone and doesn't buy alteast a few apps is a real cheapskate, and thats coming from me believe it or not. Its not like other platforms where you can buy a new fucking console for cost of every 3rd game.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
The only reason I ever jailbroken any of my idevices was for home screen wallpapers. I utilized the added bonus of being able to steal SMB2, and It worked fine back when I had a 3GS I don't know about now.

[on topic] Angry Birds is a simple and fun game, and it only costs a dollar.

BlackSheep

Real Racing.

Looks amazing on the iPhone 4.

[qimg]http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/MenaceInc/iPhone/IMG_0003.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/MenaceInc/iPhone/IMG_0002.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad222/MenaceInc/iPhone/IMG_00013.png[/qimg]
How do you get screen shots on it?