• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi My first, own impressions of GamesCom

Hellcat

Contributor
Soooo.... first day at GamesCom :)
Here comes a short photo-diary :D

A few goodies we were not allowed taking photos of, but that still did happen:

- 10min session of HALO 3 ODST (I played myself, quite nice)
- Presentation of a pre-alpha build of Command & Conquer 4
- PLAYING StarCraft II and Diablo 3

And now the photos :)

One of the shiney things to lay hands on was a PSPgo:

img-90819_img0251_j-r-med.png

The GO again, closed:

img-90819_img0250_j-r-med.png

And here comes the shocker, that thing was a DEVKIT!

img-90819_img0254_j-r-med.png

img-90819_img0265_j-r-med.png

Then, we got SLIM PS3s :)
First, a promo-pic, then the real thing as it was on display (for those knowing what it means: that thing actually was a debugging station!!!)

img-90819_img0260_j-r-med.png

img-90819_img0259_j-r-med.png

Uh, looking for a new game rig? :D
(That's a PC, in there....)

img-90819_img0262_j-r-med.png

And finally, for this post, a skateboard-controller for the XBox 360:
(no, that's not me)

img-90819_img0248_j-r-med.png

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Nice man :D I wish I could have gone there aswell... It would have been so awesome... I envy you dood..

Robby

Los Doyers!
How did the PSP go fit in your hands?
Was it comfortable to play a game

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
the exo skel pc rig looks nice but i'm too scared that dust will get in too easily

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
the exo skel pc rig looks nice but i'm too scared that dust will get in too easily

The case itself doesn't win many awards from reviewers ;) It has great airflow but that is about it. Patrick Norton from Tekzilla did a short review of it (he used it for his Core i7 build) and his ending comments were basically: Don't get this case ;) While it looks great in theory there is really no place to hide your wires and it doesn't make your mobo any easier to access (probably more difficult with all the wires going around.

Nice to see the PSP Devkits on the floor, how nice of them to leave them out in the open :eek: I might've been tempted to snatch one up and run for the door

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
yeah i read poor reviews aswell but the whole concept is a good idea but not practical i guess

yep that would hav been a good idea running out the door with one, then meeting the big hand of sony (security) but then again you could jump out a box and surprise them :p (that was you wasn't it?)

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
As much as I hate the PSP, the go is looking more tempting. I still won't buy one, but the thought of having a PSP that can fit comfortably in my pocket intrigues me.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
yeah i read poor reviews aswell but the whole concept is a good idea but not practical i guess

yep that would hav been a good idea running out the door with one, then meeting the big hand of sony (security) but then again you could jump out a box and surprise them :p (that was you wasn't it?)

Haha something like that.

@Hellcat How did the Go feel in your hands? I myself prefer the larger-sized PSP and it's layout, even though I still found that a bit uncomfortable. Also did the screen seem too small or was it the right size?

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
As much as I hate the PSP, the go is looking more tempting. I still won't buy one, but the thought of having a PSP that can fit comfortably in my pocket intrigues me.

how could you hate the psp in the first place? i'm just intrigued

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nice pics man, looks like you are having a great time :D Did you try out Tony Hawk Ride?

Adiuvo

Looks awesome. The Go seems like a great size as well, provided you don't have monster hands ;)

Dan

Contributor
I want a 360 now, just for Ride and that skateboard controller.

Or is it for the PS3 too?

Adiuvo

360 only most likely. Stuff like that seems like it wouldn't be compatible between Natal and whatever Sony's tech is called.

Hellcat

Contributor
The GO fitted surprisingly well into the hand, and the slide mechanism did (despite what I expected *lol*) not give the impression of "I am falling apart any second".

But the buttons are quite much tigher put together, so I guess playing a longer time with it either just needs getting used to or will simply make your hands fall off *lol*

Heading there for another two or three hours shortly, until it gets too full (first public day, today, all the kiddies are going to be there after school - or instead).

Gotta check the XMB options of the Slim PS3, if OtherOS is really taken out....

Adiuvo

Is it a click slide or smooth? I wouldn't really want some expensive gadget to have a click slide.

Hellcat

Contributor
Is it a click slide or smooth? I wouldn't really want some expensive gadget to have a click slide.
Well, it's no "moooooove *click*", it does "lock" on the both ends, yes, but not a cheap, plastic "clicking in" thingy, it really feels solid and good.

Sliderkk

According to my accurate source and his sister (Engadget & Joystiq), Tony Hawk's RIDE will be cross platform.

Well, to go in more detail... I read that the RIDE peripheral will need a USB dongle for use on the PS3 and Wii. So I guess it's not set in stone, but it strongly suggests that they will be available on those respective platforms.

[Permalink]

explosions

According to my accurate source and his sister (Engadget & Joystiq), Tony Hawk's RIDE will be cross platform.

Well, to go in more detail... I read that the RIDE peripheral will need a USB dongle for use on the PS3 and Wii. So I guess it's not set in stone, but it strongly suggests that they will be available on those respective platforms.

[Permalink]

FFS, a USB dongle? What's the purpose of that? The PS3/Wii already have Bluetooth.