• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

My PSN has been removed from the leaderboard?

GetOff-My_8allz

I'm confused as to why I've been removed from the leaderboard for the PSN section. I don't have an email about it, and it doesn't say anything other than it's because of "suspicious unlocks."

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You were flagged for the following games:

Dead Nation
Final Fantasy XIII-2
DmC Devil May Cry
AoT : Devil's Cartel
Assassin's Creed IV

If you feel this was done in error and you earned all the trophies in those games legitimately then let me know and I'll look into it.

GetOff-My_8allz

I earn all of my trophies legit. I don't condone cheating to get them, because it just ruins the fun. I've had issues where some trophies pop out of order, or not at all, and discovered that my system needed to be reinitialized. Recently had this issue with Far Cry Primal, and Dead By Daylight as well.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
In DmC Devil May Cry it's impossible to earn the difficulty trophies (Jackpot! and And welcome to Hell!) within seconds of each other. The game checks progress when starting it up, so even if there was a crash one of the trophies would pop on relaunching the game. You have a 12 second gap between them. And the requirements are separate for these so there's no way they would pop together.

I'm aware that you were removed from several other trackers as well.

GetOff-My_8allz

It's not impossible to pop them legit. There is a QTE level with a hostage exchange on the docks. I suck at those so was saving it for last as well as getting Super Dante. When I beat it on the first difficulty (after many attempts for SSS rank) I switched to the next difficulty and restarted the level. For some reason during the run it popped the SSS rank all on Nephilim difficulty trophy.

I had already SSS on each difficulty every other mission but as I said I saved that one for last because of the QTE. Also note the last trophy for killing demons was earned like 3-4 minutes later as I fired up another level to grind the last of the kills needed.

It shouldn't matter what order I chose to complete my missions in that game as they give you mission select. I've asked around and the general consensus is if I used a cheat or modified my save it would've given me the last 3x trophies needed for platinum, not the 2x in question and leave me to grind out the last.

You are right other sites have pulled me for the same reason and tell me to provide them with the game save to get unbanned. But seriously why would you keep a single player game save from years ago after you were done with it?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
True - unfortunately I think this is difficult to prove otherwise, and if I give you an exemption without actual proof others will expect the same treatment. What about some of the others?

Final Fantasy XIII-2 has all abilities earned way too early in the game, and before he defeated 100 enemies.
Army of Two DC : Earned Deep Pockets before "Look at You!" which is a sub requirement, and more importantly, before beating the game on Insane, a requirement.

If you are willing to hide DmC Devil May Cry and the other two I mentioned above (unless you have proof that those popped out of order) I would be fine with adding you back on the leaderboards. Discussed with someone else and AC4 may be a glitch so fine with letting that one slide.

GetOff-My_8allz

I don't have any other way of providing proof that they popped out of order other than none of the other trophies popped out of order, and that out of the 1302 games on the account right now, I have only encountered the issue on 5 PS3 games and 2 PS4 games. I had to reinitialize the PS3 due to it having a couple of issues loading things like Netflix and crashing, and afterward I didn't have any problems with trophies; and here recently I had to reinitialize my PS4 because no matter how many times I tried uninstalling Far Cry Primal, deleting my save file and getting back to the point where I was supposed to get an unmissable story mission trophy, it wouldn't give it to me.

I want to get this resolved without me having to hide games I spent a ton of hours working hard to achieve the platinum in, just because it feels like a giant slap in the face to be punished for a handful of games glitched out on a system having some issues. You know?

GetOff-My_8allz

X3sphere, as much as it pained me to do so, I have hidden the 3 games you've requested; FF XIII-2, DMC Devil May Cry, and Army of Two: Devil's Cartel.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks, I've added you back to the leaderboards now :)