• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

My WoW achievements seem to be stuck at 2105?

Mila Marie Rose

I've noticed that the number of achievements is not going up at all for my WoW achievements. I thinks it's been stuck at 2105 for a few days now. I'm not sure if the achievements inside the list are correct or not since there is like over 4k to skim through to find the recent ones. I do know that inside the game's page on the site, it says that my most recent unlock was:
"TheHatter#11529 earned achievement Treasures of Stormsong Valley - September 5, 2018, 8:31 am" Which is correct, the number seems to just not be going up at all.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Did you remove any characters or leave guilds?

I haven't played WoW so I'm not even sure if you can, but the achievements in WoW are tied directly to the character or guild, so that might explain it. The Blizzard API is only returning 1737 achievements, lower than your current count. But we do have like ~2200 inserted achievements in our DB. I suppose I could use that count instead of Blizzard's.

Mila Marie Rose

I'm pretty sure the large number differences are caused by 2 things.

1: it pulls in Guild Achievements for some reason and I'm not sure why, but I noticed when I first synced the account. I have achievements for guild runs of dungeons that I have never even been to yet.

2: at certain points, WoW retires certain achievements and they become no longer obtainable, lose their point value, and become known as "Feats of Strength" so some of the differences are probably from that.

The issue I posted about last night was only a 15 achievement difference and today it seems like it's now showing the newer total. So if you did not change anything or personally update my profile or something, It might just be pretty delayed and it fixes on it's own with time.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I see - originally it did not pull in Guild achievements, but had users report that it was missing achievements for them so we started tracking those.

Also, I have now switched the count to be based off how many earned achievements were inserted in our database, rather than just counting all the achievements returned by Blizzard's API on each scan. While I was testing I noticed their API sometimes returns different counts depending on when I run the scan. Could be a cache thing... but anyway this will avoid that.