• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

MY X70 with Thepotplayer

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah after you mentioned it in your other thread I've been meaning to try it out (I've got a Viliv S5). The only thing I wish it had was a good nav software built-in but I might give it a try regardless, it's at a nice affordable price as well.

Moose

Meta Moose
I've wanted one of these for a while, but I don't know how useful they actually are and whether my iPod Touch can already do most of the things that one of these can. Do they act like a mini-touchscreen notebook?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've wanted one of these for a while, but I don't know how useful they actually are and whether my iPod Touch can already do most of the things that one of these can. Do they act like a mini-touchscreen notebook?

It's basically a mini-touchscree notebook as you called it. The major problem with devices like this is the OS used, Windows XP, is not finger-friendly. I've got my Viliv S5 which I mainliy bought for video playback and GPS, both of which it does really well. I hated converting my videos over to another format to play on the iPod or PSP so this was a welcome addition to my gadget family. The GPS on the S5 and X70 both work really well with GarminP MobilePC (although the software is a bit outdated, still able to use latest maps).

Just recently I've been using my S5 to take notes in class (with a foldable keyboard) and it has been working really well. It's not the greatest at multitasking (really need a mouse for that) but it gets the job done.

Here's a breakdown of my S5 pros/cons:

Pros:
* GPS
* Video Playback is excellent and 6-7 hours of video playback
* Word Processing (for taking notes)
* Portable (just fits in my front pocket, although takes up the entire pocket...)

Cons:
* Not finger friendly
* Few applications still support Windows XP (can get Windows 7 on it though)
* Few applications are touch-friendly

It should probably be looked at as a "Mobile Internet Device" because it's great for web browsing since you get the "full" internet on it and also a great video player. It comes at a steep price also which kind of sucks, almost better off with a netbook unless you are in dire need of something portable (which is why I bought it, always moving, needed good battery llfe)