• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[N64] Custom Maps for Ocarina of Time

Serideth said:
Wow, waking up to this in the morning is pretty cool, I had no idea any of this was going on at all!

I am no Zelda fan at all, just letting forums know.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
If you find this cool, then are you a fellow Zelda fan? [/curious]

Hey guys, check this out: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Someone pass me a cigarette :eek: ;)

That looks truly stunning! I wasn't aware the texture pack got that far, oh wow. Why wasn't it in HD? T___T

Serideth said:
Hmmmm, put it this way, I'm a massive 2D Zelda fan, but not so much a fan of the 3D versions.

Better never to be a fan of such games.

I'm not sure if this was posted before or not: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
I'm not sure if this was posted before or not: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I've seen that one before (sorry, you'll hear a lot from me when it comes to Ocarina modding :blushing:), but I've always enjoyed the blend of game hacking and retexturing in that video. One thing that always irked me though, is that unless some assembler hack is involved, there's no way to fully complete the kid bosses as Adult Link. As soon as you defeat the boss, and step into the light, you float up but then stay stuck floating in the air - you never get warped out of the boss area.

And well, I know Zeth (the guy who made this texture pack), and he doesn't do assembler hacks :confused:

The Teej said:
I've seen that one before (sorry, you'll hear a lot from me when it comes to Ocarina modding :blushing:), but I've always enjoyed the blend of game hacking and retexturing in that video. One thing that always irked me though, is that unless some assembler hack is involved, there's no way to fully complete the kid bosses as Adult Link. As soon as you defeat the boss, and step into the light, you float up but then stay stuck floating in the air - you never get warped out of the boss area.

And well, I know Zeth (the guy who made this texture pack), and he doesn't do assembler hacks :confused:

I don't care about the textures in this game, edit to post has been done.

Wow the cell shaded look is great, it's amazing what can be done with these old games.

Yeah, I really love the cell-shaded look, especially with wind waker. I'm downloading some of these texture packs right now. Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried loading these mods into the Wii's VC N64 emulator? It probably wouldn't work, though.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
I never expected there to be bugs in with new textures.

Hey, can you get a download link to the new textures, and the download link for the plugin the allows the textures to be used?

Cel-Zelda Pack + Update 1

Zeth Alkar's Zelda: The Renaissance Project (thread) (This took me forever to find!)

Federelli/K-Man's Hi-Res texture pack (Thread)

Rice's Plugin

Yeah, I really love the cell-shaded look, especially with wind waker. I'm downloading some of these texture packs right now. Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried loading these mods into the Wii's VC N64 emulator? It probably wouldn't work, though.

Uhh, texture hacks are probably a no-go. We may eventually see the hi-res textures downscaled and injected into the ROM directly, but that job is down to the Zelda hackers rather then the plugin creators. As for hacks, yeah, more then possible. You'd need to patch the ROM with the hack in question, and then download a VC File (preferably OoT to ensure best compatibility) and replace the ROM inside that VC File. I don't entirely know how to do that, and it's ridiculously illegal as well - it's not worth the hassle to be honest. You're better off waiting for an N64 emulator for the Wii and doing it then.