• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Need All In One Device (Music, Video, H/W Seek Buttons) Pref /w Phone

LocutusEstBorg

Also check out Samsoung p3 it almost like the zune - the wifi stuff, What I think you might like is that it has different play speed(0.7-1.3x) and it does have a swipe thing that let you ff 1 min for every swipe you do, you can also touch the bar and once you touch there you are ff to that part of the song ex I at 1:00 right now I touch near he end and I will be at 4:11.

Hmm.. That sounds really nice. Lemme check out a few UI videos.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Hmm.. That sounds really nice. Lemme check out a few UI videos.

Yeah the Samsung P3 is pretty good, it's more or less similar to the Cowon I suggested. There are some lengthy reviews out there on it and a lot of interface videos, it's a solid player (oh yeah and no OLED screen, that's why I didn't get it I think)

LocutusEstBorg

Most of the reviews say the S9, P3 and X1000 sound quality is far superior to the Zune and iPod.

Has anyone compared the sound quality on an iPod with a Zune HD? I've only got a pair of MDR-EX90LP's and don't plan to upgrade earphones anytime soon. I don't remotely care about applications and stuff since I use my phone for that.

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

The P3 doesn't support gapless playback at all. The X1000 series does gapless with uncompressed WAV files though. Ha..Haha. Both those are definitely out of the question now.

Looks like its down to the iPod or the Zune. I'm gonna try to check out an iPod somewhere. Will probably have to decide between that an a Zune HD based on sound quality.

Bran

Yell
I think anyone who hates a company for any reason other than child labor abuse should be removed from the gene pool.

I don't really want to get off topic but that's a pretty dumb, over generalized, and narrow comment/point of view to think that the ONLY thing a company can do to deserve any ill will would be child labor abuse. And while I'm not defending poor child labor, there are many other despicable things a corporation could do. Scamming or abusing the young, elderly, women, animals. All the money those banks were stealing? All the lies that most huge companies spin on an hourly basis?

Surely none of that deserves ANY hate at all and people who think that don't deserve to breed?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I don't really want to get off topic but that's a pretty dumb, over generalized, and narrow comment/point of view to think that the ONLY thing a company can do to deserve any ill will would be child labor abuse. And while I'm not defending poor child labor, there are many other despicable things a corporation could do. Scamming or abusing the young, elderly, women, animals. All the money those banks were stealing? All the lies that most huge companies spin on an hourly basis?

Surely none of that deserves ANY hate at all and people who think that don't deserve to breed?

I couldn't agree more.

My post was just a quick way for me to point out that I read a ton of people saying that they hate Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Apple, Ubisoft...whatever... for the absolute stupidest fucking reasons imaginable.

Bran

Yell
I couldn't agree more.

My post was just a quick way for me to point out that I read a ton of people saying that they hate Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Apple, Ubisoft...whatever... for the absolute stupidest fucking reasons imaginable.

Yeah I agree with that too, was just checking though. Good man.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Most reviews say the touchscreen is unresponsive and the buttons/casing are cheap and not durable.

I eliminated the Archos because of firmware problems and bulk.

Pretty much comes down to the iPod, Zune HD or X1000. If I can get direct confirmation from people about the exact working of the seeking functionality I can decide.
I'd say the zune hd. the 64gb comes out on the 12th, and i personally prefer the zune interface 100000000x to the touch

LocutusEstBorg

I couldn't agree more.

I hate Apple because because they are unethical directly to the consumer.

On the iPod can you run applications while listening to music? Can you switch between music player and the running app where it left off?

Moose

Meta Moose

On the iPod can you run applications while listening to music? Can you switch between music player and the running app where it left off?

With 4.0, yes.

eldiablov

Contributor

Not all apps let you listen to music, but it is definitely an option in most of them.

You can't go back to the running app where it left off, you have to exit the app to get to the music player.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Since when did a lack of a feature on an electronic device become a matter of ethics?

If you don't want the product, don't buy it.

LocutusEstBorg

Since when did a lack of a feature on an electronic device become a matter of ethics?

Huh? I'm talking about most of their hardware in general. Completely overpriced AND outdated. Can only be upgraded with proprietary parts for NO TECHNICAL REASON. Their ads are CLEARLY directed towards deceiving less informed customers into paying them more for less.

They imported an iPad at the office and it got here yesterday. It's really nice but it feels SO limited due to the lack of multitasking. Only some of the built in services run in the background. It's so god damn annoying when I have to close whatever I'm doing each time I open the browser, it makes me want to punch whoevers responsible in the face.

There is just no way I can put up with this on a daily basis on the iPod and the 4.0 update won't be out for ages. I'm probably going to go with the Zune and use it just as an audio/video player, seeing that the application side of things is virtually dead from what I can gather. I like how the interface looks too, plus it supports gapless playback.

Bran

Yell
Just because you don't like the way something functions and is priced as a luxury item does not make it unethical. Apple is not lying or cheating the consumers who buy their products.

LocutusEstBorg

Just because you don't like the way something functions and is priced as a luxury item does not make it unethical. Apple is not lying or cheating the consumers who buy their products.

I don't agree with that at all. Its not like someone buying a $1000 Nokia 8800 just to flaunt their wealth. Half the people who buy their products are completely clueless and brainwashed into thinking that an Apple product is the only solution for their (simple) problem. I know someone who was scammed into buy an Apple WiFi router for 10,000 fucking Rupees because he was told that it he had to since he had a Mac. 10,000 Rupees for a redundant piece of crap that can't even be compared to a cheap ass router for 1/4th the price running DD-WRT. He most certainly isn't into "luxury" PC hardware.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I don't agree with that at all. Its not like someone buying a $1000 Nokia 8800 just to flaunt their wealth. Half the people who buy their products are completely clueless and brainwashed into thinking that an Apple product is the only solution for their (simple) problem. I know someone who was scammed into buy an Apple WiFi router for 10,000 fucking Rupees because he was told that it he had to since he had a Mac. 10,000 Rupees for a redundant piece of crap that can't even be compared to a cheap ass router for 1/4th the price running DD-WRT. He most certainly isn't into "luxury" PC hardware.

Well for someone to be clueless about a product and buy it is there own stupid mistake and how is it brainwashing lol. The person you said who was scammed into buying an apple wifi router is again, stupid. It's not the company's fault at all, cant he do his own research for other routers that will work on his mac? It doesn't make anything unethical, either you buy the product or you don't.

Scorned

Huh? I'm talking about most of their hardware in general. Completely overpriced AND outdated. Can only be upgraded with proprietary parts for NO TECHNICAL REASON. Their ads are CLEARLY directed towards deceiving less informed customers into paying them more for less.

I think every company has tried to deceive customers at some point or another.

And if someone was really worried about how much they are willing to spend, I'm sure they'd research it and find the best possible deal, not instantly throw their money at the first thing that comes their way.

Bran

Yell

I would not be surprised if the person selling that got a commission and/or was an idiot too.

If I sold you a knife that I said could cut through bread and only bread and no other knife could cut through your bread and charged you a fuck ton, would you blame the knife company?