• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Need Help With Iphone

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
So this problem has been happening to me for a while now and i want to fix it. The problem is that safari wont write to the "history.plist" file and save my history, once i close the safari process. It will save the memory while i am using safari but once the process is deleted, all history is gone. Safari will read and write my bookmarks.plist and suspendedstate however. So here's what i've done so far: I ssh'd into my phone and browsed to /var/mobile/library/safari. I then found my history.plist and saw that the permisions were set to root. So to fix this i ran a little command in terminal:
Code:
chown -R mobile:wheel /var/mobile/library/safari
After i did that it changed the permisions to mobile. Tryed again in safari and didn't work. Then i backed up the file on my computer and deleted the history.Plist file to see if safari would create another one. Again didn't happen. So i re copied the backup on over. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hellcat

Contributor
Hi.

Default permissions for Safaris settings are:
/var/mobile/Library/Safari folder: owner (chown): mobile:mobile - acces (chmod): 700
All the files in it: owner (chown): mobile:mobile - acces (chmod): 644

Try setting those.
I hope this helps a bit :)

What did you do right before Safari stopped working propperly?

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
What did you do right before Safari stopped working properly?

nothing that i recall. It stopped working bout a month ago. I'll try this. Thanks for the help

Bump: Here i did what you said and no sucess. I was monitoring the history file while i tested to see if was being read or written and the file was never changed. Let me just go over how i tested it to make sure its right:

1) I started off as normal with my one item in the history box
IMG_0001.png

2) Browsed a few pages
IMG_0002.png

3) Ended the safari process
IMG_0003.png

4) restarted safari with only one item in the history
IMG_0004.png

any other ideas? If not then i might just restore

Hellcat

Contributor
Well, what if you don't kill the process using brute force?
Give Safari a chance to exit cleanly, it might save everything then.

I also have the one or the other "it forgets" issue when forcing a kill on some apps....

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
I already did that too and it didnt work. Anyways, I went ahead and did a restore and as of right now it was not worth it at all. I lost everything up to the date 11/23. I was transfering my chronus backups to my computer and it completed but somehow it didnt save... idk what the problem was there. I even extracted the backup i made before restoring and that had nothing it it... Soooo after two restores I think i'm finishing up getting everything customized

So a whole day wasted. (Sent most of the morning building a sim city and now that's gone)