• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Netbook Advice

Seth

MD Party Room
Ouch, how old is yours?

I think like 5 months old but I bout it refurbished so I know it older than that. However I think it the 3-Cell that really kills it.

Adiuvo

Oh yeah, the 3 cell really does shorten battery life. It's pretty much a third than a 6 cell.

Colm

Yes, but it's small, works well, and is all-round awesome. Or I'm thinking of another HP Pavilion. But I think that's the one.

BlackSheep

That's not a "netbook" lol

With it's price tag and size I consider it to be a net/notebook. :p It's Pretty good for it's size. I got mine for 568$. It has a 4 gig ram with 350 gig hdd. Even tho wallmart lied to me and said it was a 500 gig hdd im still happy. I think you can change the ram to an 8 gig too. :D And you get Window's 7 for free so that's always good!

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
With it's price tag and size I consider it to be a net/notebook. :p It's Pretty good for it's size. I got mine for 568$. It has a 4 gig ram with 350 gig hdd. Even tho wallmart lied to me and said it was a 500 gig hdd im still happy. I think you can change the ram to an 8 gig too. :D And you get Window's 7 for free so that's always good!

Yeah I'm aware of the notebook but it shouldn't be classified as a netbook - I have a HP Pavilion tx1000 which has a 12.1" screen and have had several people call it a netbook but the fact that it has a good amount of RAM, HDD space, and a good processor makes it a notebook over a netbook. Netbooks are also low-cost and cheap, the dv2 while "cheap" falls right above the netbook category price point.

I'm just being technically that is all, it's a good laptop but slightly larger than your average netbook, more powerful and more expensive