• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3DS New 3DS Color - Fire Red

TeamOverload

Those of you holding out on picking up the 3DS because Aqua Blue or Cosmo Black weren't really your thing, will be pleased to hear that a new color will be joining the mix. Fire Red is similar to Aqua Blue, serving up some two tone style to make that new handheld of yours' look nice and sleek. So far it has only been announced for release in Japan next month, but I expect we will see it in other territories sooner rather than later.

yebOk.jpg

Bran

Yell
At this rate I can totally wait for purple.

My luck, Orange will be next. Then maybe White? And then Purple. But that's still only like a year.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I think I'm going to boycott all 3D related technology. I really do not see a need to view any media in 3D.

Zx30

Beto
I'm still not very convinced of the 3D effects of the 3DS. When I played it(only Street fighter 4 so far), it just looked like two layers in photoshop. The main things were in focus and everything "behind it" looked like it just had a slight Gaussian blur to it.

PR0fessor Burnt

I'm still not very convinced of the 3D effects of the 3DS. When I played it(only Street fighter 4 so far), it just looked like two layers in photoshop. The main things were in focus and everything "behind it" looked like it just had a slight Gaussian blur to it.

Some games show it better then others. the Dynamic fighting in street fighter shows it pretty well but the other mode is just like you said.

El Diablo

I want a 3ds, but the 3d really isn't the selling factor for me. Nintendo has always had really good RPGs on their consoles, especially their handhelds so I want one with the hopes that it will get as many good games as the DS had. I never had a DS and could only use my brothers occasionally with a flashcart I bought so I figure with a 3ds I can still play my old DS games I have and be able to play the newer good games coming out for it (mainly zelda OOT right now). The 3d is interesting I won't lie and I hope it's not bad (still haven't used or seen one in person yet) but if worst comes to worst I'll just disable it and play games normally. It's better than going out and buying a regular DS at this point imo.

My take on it anyway for why I want one.