• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New site design, looking for feedback!

We've been working on a new design for the site over the last few months and thought it would be a good idea to collect some feedback from the community on the current progress. The redesign features a cleaner look, usability enhancements, and will offer a better experience on mobile browsers.

Additionally, with this redesign, we're also planning on introducing some new features to the site. We're interested in knowing what are the most requested features so we can prioritize those. So if you'd like to see a guide system on the site, more detailed stats pages, and so on - let us know in this thread!

Here's a few work in progress images of the new design. A few areas of note - on the profile pages, the games list now displays your recently earned achievements under each game. There's also a new achievement list page that will let users search through all their achievements and filter them by platform. We've also included some new view modes for lists. Note that nothing is finalized yet, we will be fine tuning this as we receive more feedback.

MJvd.png

gIvd.png

JJvd.png

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey x3sphere has there been any updates
On a release date on the new overhaul for the site or the beta?

We're making good progress. I appreciate all the feedback so far, it has helped us determine what to focus on.

As of now, considering to launch the beta in early October. Some of the upcoming features, like the points system and cross platform leaderboards, will be implemented on the existing site before then -- very close to finishing that.

Someone suggested that we add a roadmap to the site, I plan on adding that soon as well. I try to provide updates when people ask but since much of it is scattered across the forums I know it's not easy to see what is being worked on.

Gamer Steve

We're making good progress. I appreciate all the feedback so far, it has helped us determine what to focus on.

As of now, considering to launch the beta in early October. Some of the upcoming features, like the points system and cross platform leaderboards, will be implemented on the existing site before then -- very close to finishing that.

Someone suggested that we add a roadmap to the site, I plan on adding that soon as well. I try to provide updates when people ask but since much of it is scattered across the forums I know it's not easy to see what is being worked on.
as always thanks for all the great work you and your team do

zimzimbre

Only now I see what is in plan for website and looks soo good. Hopefully everything goes well ! :)

I'm hoping for ranking but hopefully there will be ranking for all platforms together, wouldn't like to "race" on each platform separately.

Didn't see until now any other multiplatform achievement tracker website, so not sure how will that work.

scoobyxxxsnax

Only now I see what is in plan for website and looks soo good. Hopefully everything goes well ! :)

I'm hoping for ranking but hopefully there will be ranking for all platforms together, wouldn't like to "race" on each platform separately.

Didn't see until now any other multiplatform achievement tracker website, so not sure how will that work.

the problem with having a combined ranking for all platforms wouldnt be fair. psn doesnt track hours externally. steam can be manipulated to have millions of achievements. so lets say if the ranking on all platforms was factoring hours played, someone may have 2 achievements and have 5,000 hours in one game while someone else might have 2 hours and 5000 achievements. also psn trophies and xbox achievements have numerical values, whereas steam doesnt. its more like a badge. plus xbox achievements depends on the game devs because they decide on how much gamer points it's worth. an achievement could be worth 5 gamer points whilst on playstation, it would be a bronze trophy which would give you a flat 15 points towards your level depending on what level your at. so chances are you have to get 15 gamer points to match a single ps bronze trophy. is it impossible? no, but trying to find a sweet factoring spot thats fair for someone that has all platforms vs. someone that only has one platform is most likely impossible.

zimzimbre

I was mostly reffering to PC gaming where you have Origin/Uplay/Steam, these platforms do have hours track. Separate leaderboards for PC/PS4/Xbox are okay, it's enough to have list with mixed platforms on your profile, I agree with that. Just hoping for PC somewhat organized leaderboards :)

Sure Uplay doesn't publish achievements, but there are challenges, that is good enough for now and I'm sure everyone will agree. With subscription based Origin and Uplay at this point, a lot of people would like to hunt achievements/challenges for 15 euros per month and all DLC's available. It would be too bad if those platforms doesn't get mixed properly with Steam if leaderboard for PC overall exist :)

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just a heads-up - we're planning to go live with Phase 1 of the beta later this weekend, Sunday evening EST. There will be an opt-in option in your profile settings to switch to the new design. I will make another post when it's up.

Gamer Steve

Just a heads-up - we're planning to go live with Phase 1 of the beta later this weekend, Sunday evening EST. There will be an opt-in option in your profile settings to switch to the new design. I will make another post when it's up.
Cant wait thanks for all the hard work

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Love the new design i just noticed one small thing that the playstation games dont show what kind of trophies the game has (bronze, silver, gold or platinum)
Good catch - will get those icons added in tomorrow.