• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

News Feed not Updating...

Slasher

Suck It
My mini news feed docked on the vista sidebar hasn't been updated since November 8th. I somehow doubt that it's a result of a lack of news...

I've tried exiting it and re-adding it, and I've also tried changing the few options that actually exist. No dice.

What's up with that, and how can I fix it?

EvilSeph

Administrator
I could write an article about this because I have had to answer this question so many times but I'd rather link you to one that is already written.

Hope this helps.

Slasher

Suck It
Those things didn't do it for me :confused:
site said:
If your feeds are still not updating in the background after following these steps (you'll have to wait for the download interval to pass to make sure), please send us an email at teamrss[at]microsoft.com.
I thought maybe leaving it a few days to see if it would pass that download interval itself, but it hasn't. Maybe I should try writing them?

EvilSeph

Administrator
As we came up with a solution over IRC, I figured I should complete this thread by posting the solution that worked for Slasher.

1. Open IE
  2. Go to favourites
  3. Refresh all feeds (manually or automatically - try both). Add any feeds that aren't working if they aren't in that list already, and refresh them.

Your mileage may vary; there is no universal fix for this problem.