• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Next Week Wotlk Release

Brad

Yoshimi
Alright to start off I'm not someone one who gives my life to World of Warcraft. Except me and my other casual WoW playing friends decided to have a little "WoW" party. Nerdy as fuck I agree but fun none the less so stfu.

The Low Down: As some of you may know the WoW expansion Wotlk (Holy shit level fuckin 80) hits midnight Nov 12/13th.

The Plan

This weekend me and two other friends maybe some more are gonna Pre Order Wotlk from a local Game store that's gonna release at Midnight. Once the 12th rolls around gonna get in line around 11 depending if they are gonna throw a event for it. (Wow Nerds Unite!) Anyway after picking the game up we are gonna haul ass back to my place. Have three comps setup with food and drinks already set up before hand. Beds ready when we gotta crash from exhaustion.

Nov 8th
- Pre Order
Nov 12/13th - Pick Game up at midnight
Nov 13th - Install and Play like there is no tomorrow or Sleep then right when we wake up all out
Nov 14th - Depending on person may sleep may not we don't know. All day game playing pretty much.
Weekend - Haven't decided on this yet but its either do some other shit or no life on WoW.

The Obstacles

Friend One
- He has school but does whatever the hell he wants so hes good to go all out on WoW from the 12th to Sunday if he wants. Think he has wed/thursday off anyway.

Friend Two
- Has Wed/Thur off, prob gonna skip Friday. Up to him Idk how long he can play for.

Me - I got school off Wed/Thur also and will be skipping Friday. (I'm a Senior and its a "Senior Skip Day" anyway). Gonna go to work like normal wed and gonna ask off Thursday. I work another job Friday I'm just gonna get someone to cover for me.

-----

So has anyone else went out at midnight for a game before? Any other WoW Players doing something similar? Comment on the plan if you wish too :p

Serideth

Honestly if I had RL friends who played WoW I think I would do something similar, however since I don't and I have all my univercity exams coming up I really don't want to fall into the addiction again.

Your plan sounds solid though, have fun.

Hardrive

Contributor
I would, but I gave up on WoW. I might start it back up again this winter, because I hard paladins don't suck anymore. Can anybody confirm this?

Tsunaii

eMummeh
paladins are quite fun to play, but being a healer sucks, at least to me, im a hunter and a rogue. both blood elf of course. i will get wotlk nearer the end of the month. for now i am playing my increasingly dusty other games.

Joey

When you have to write out a schedule for a game, then maybe you need to stop playing and goto rehab.

I'm just saying..,

Brad

Yoshimi
Joey said:
When you have to write out a schedule for a game, then maybe you need to stop playing and goto rehab.

I'm just saying..,

Na I quit for 5 months I just re enabled my acc two weeks ago to give wotlk a try. Just looking to have some fun with some friends. I have never really did anything like this before. If you read the wow forums there is a large amount of people going to do the same as this but take a week leave from school/work. I'm not as hardcore as them :p

I don't own any current gen console and I'm not a big gamer really but play some PC games like CSS, TF2 and WoW.

Joey

Brad said:
Na I quit for 5 months I just re enabled my acc two weeks ago to give wotlk a try. Just looking to have some fun with some friends. I have never really did anything like this before. If you read the wow forums there is a large amount of people going to do the same as this but take a week leave from school/work. I'm not as hardcore as them :p

I don't own any current gen console and I'm not a big gamer really but play some PC games like CSS, TF2 and WoW.
Jeez, I was kiddin' >_>

Brad

Yoshimi
Joey said:
Jeez, I was kiddin' >_>

Hard to tell bro my bad.

@Mast3r_Shak3 you max your honor out? My friend did that as hes mostly a PVP person to get ready for the honor rewards when he hits 80.

Hardrive

Contributor
BubbleSquishy said:
paladins are quite fun to play, but being a healer sucks, at least to me, im a hunter and a rogue. both blood elf of course. i will get wotlk nearer the end of the month. for now i am playing my increasingly dusty other games.
My Paladin was Holy spec, so I always was the healer...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I didn't understand a word either, but from what I've gathered from Tommi's previous posts, he leaves WoW only to bathe, eat, and make the occasional post on a board.