• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Nexus One

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm going to have to disagree with you about the keyboard Seth and take Craig and Joey's side. That keyboard is one of the weaker keyboards I've used. Definitely one of my least liked things about the Droid as well.
By the way, has anyone picked up or tried out the Droid Eris? How's that fair?

I had that phone for about a week and it was a good phone. But like I said, not having a hard keyboard at times can be frustrating so I return it and got the Droid.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I'm going to have to disagree with you about the keyboard Seth and take Craig and Joey's side. That keyboard is one of the weaker keyboards I've used. Definitely one of my least liked things about the Droid as well.
By the way, has anyone picked up or tried out the Droid Eris? How's that fair?

I have the Eris, but I haven't messed around with it too much.
It has that stupid HTC usb port thing, a smaller screen, and lacks android 2.0.

Mr.B

something that alot of you people who prefer the droid lack to mention is that the processors are different.. the droid uses a 528MHz processor and the nexus one has a 1 ghz snapdragon people have been raving about how smooth an easy transitions are on the nexus one.

Seth

MD Party Room
Just found out that this thing has 802.11n that kinda sweet.

Seth

MD Party Room
I thought you just said you where on the Eris?

LocutusEstBorg

I'm developing for Android and the boss just imported a Nexus One. Its cool but useless IMO next to WM/Symbian. Its only for the iPhone crowd. Which means it'll probably do well.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I'm developing for Android and the boss just imported a Nexus One. Its cool but useless IMO next to WM/Symbian. Its only for the iPhone crowd. Which means it'll probably do well.

Can you tell me if the MP3 player is any good? Reviews neglect to mention anything about it, and IMO that is a big deal for me. Every phone these days gets compared to the iphone, but fail in the one area where the iphone succeeds.

LocutusEstBorg

Can you tell me if the MP3 player is any good? Reviews neglect to mention anything about it, and IMO that is a big deal for me. Every phone these days gets compared to the iphone, but fail in the one area where the iphone succeeds.

Didn't put any music on it at all. Will check it out next time I get my hands on it.

Robby

Los Doyers!
After looking into the phone more, the size is really appealing to me.
I have the Droid and this thing weighs a ton compared to the Nexus.

I'll have to get a hands on look with the Nexus before I consider a switch.
I'll also have to see how the virtual keyboard is because if I'm not going to have a physical keyboard, the virtual one better be damn good.
Also, I use my phone as a MP3 player also so knowing how good or bad the mp3 player part will play a big role in my decision.

I am also hearing rumors that the iPhone is coming to Verizon later this year, if that is true then I might as well wait til that drops.

LocutusEstBorg

It's pretty nice but the lack of the physical keyboard may be a deal breaker for me. I feel they are almost a must on smartphones. I'll have to try it first before outright dismissing though.

It has a nice BIG virtual keyboard (only 16 buttons) with decent auto complete. Everything is kept very simple like all Google software.

And in case anyone is wondering, applications DO exit COMPLETELY. They are destroyed fully when you press back. It just shows the last few icons in the task manager so people think that they are still running.

Joey

Just bought a Nexus One. Between AT&T dropping calls at about a 60% rate, and having two things break on my iPhone in less than 3 months (the headphones, and the screen), I'm pretty much done with AT&T and anything apple makes that's smaller than a Macbook... And even then, I'm still not really sold on Apple anymore. I've never one had an Apple product that didn't break. Their stuff looks great, but they're fragile as all hell.

Anyway, I should get it tomorrow. Can't wait :D After using a G1 for 8 months, and an iPhone for 3 (and over a year before I got the G1), I can say that I like Android about 100x more than iPhone OS. And now that I can actually get hardware that is on par with the iPhone... Well, I can't wait.

BTW, I have an iPhone 3GS with a replacement touch panel if anybody wants them. I tried to replace the panel myself, but I stripped the screws, so I'll either have to buy an LCD, or have somebody with electronics experience work on it, and I have no intentions of spending more money on this phone than I already have. If anybody wants to pay shipping, it's yours. Just get this fucking thing out of my life.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I've been using mine all day. And I can't really see why the lack of multitouch was such a big fuss. I'm not going to complain about added features, but I don't find myself missing it.

I do have a couple of complaints as an ex-iphone owner.The N1 is simply not a loud enough mp3 player for my liking.
And for the price of the phone they could have put a card bigger then 4gb in there. The Eris comes with 8gb, and Droid the comes with 16gb.

Joey

I've been using mine all day. And I can't really see why the lack of multitouch was such a big fuss. I'm not going to complain about added features, but I don't find myself missing it.

I do have a couple of complaints as an ex-iphone owner.The N1 is simply not a loud enough mp3 player for my liking.
And for the price of the phone they could have put a card bigger then 4gb in there. The Eris comes with 8gb, and Droid the comes with 16gb.

When you say the MP3 player isn't loud enough, what do you mean, exactly? Do you mean the external speaker? Through headphones? Is it just the software?

I want to know, because I might use this as my primary portable music player. I have an iPod, but I prefer to carry one mobile if I can.

I have to agree with the multitouch thing, after a few hours with the G1, I was over it. As long as the apps work, it doesn't matter if it has multitouch. It's not a bad addition though.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
When you say the MP3 player isn't loud enough, what do you mean, exactly? Do you mean the external speaker? Through headphones? Is it just the software?

I want to know, because I might use this as my primary portable music player. I have an iPod, but I prefer to carry one mobile if I can.

I have to agree with the multitouch thing, after a few hours with the G1, I was over it. As long as the apps work, it doesn't matter if it has multitouch. It's not a bad addition though.

Through headphones. It might be the headphones I was using, because I noticed when I tried the apple headphones (which are known to be shitty) the volume was low and when I tried the headphones that came with it and it was a little better. Loud enough indoors, but I don't think they fair well in a loud city setting. It also depends on how loud you like your music, In my case I prefer if my music didn't get drowned out by outside noise, it may be time for me to buy in ear headphones again.

And I can't seem to find the equalizer setting I'm not sure if they are just not there or I'm just retarded.

Other then that it's a great phone. The screen is not the easiest thing to see in sunlight, but I have that problem with every phone I've had except the blackberry for some reason.

Joey

Through headphones. It might be the headphones I was using, because I noticed when I tried the apple headphones (which are known to be shitty) the volume was low and when I tried the headphones that came with it and it was a little better. Loud enough indoors, but I don't think they fair well in a loud city setting. It also depends on how loud you like your music, In my case I prefer if my music didn't get drowned out by outside noise, it may be time for me to buy in ear headphones again.

And I can't seem to find the equalizer setting I'm not sure if they are just not there or I'm just retarded.

Other then that it's a great phone. The screen is not the easiest thing to see in sunlight, but I have that problem with every phone I've had except the blackberry for some reason.

That sucks, but I might just use my iPod Classic, or get a ZuneHD or iPod Touch... I'm sort of on an Apple hating tirade right now, but I still like iTunes, and since I listen to podcasts so much, I'm kind of dreading having to handle them manually.

That's really the only thing I can think of though that I feel like I'll miss going back to android. Other than that, good fucking riddance.

Seth

MD Party Room
Just have zune scan your itunes podcast folder and bam your done.. BTW I thought you where poor why on earth are you buying a new phone?