• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

NGP To Be Called PS Vita?

Dan

Contributor
psvita-300x225.jpg

I honestly like it. It seems Sony have realised the initial claims were well received for the first codename back in 2010.

Still, E3 is only just over a week away, we'll find out I guess.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Not too fond of the Vita name. Then again, it's no worse than the Wii.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I accepted the Wii because it was funny, represented something, and was unique. I don't see how the Vita name represents anything

january39

eXo Staff
Seems good to me, but since i don't care that much....

Spiros

Maiki
I agree with Ipaq. Vita, it doesn't mean anything, I guess it comes from the word vitality? But at the same time it's too similar to Vista, which is not the best thing to remind people of. I do think PSV sounds fine though.

Dan

Contributor
It's Latin for 'life', which is ironic because that's exactly what the original PSP didn't get.

Thus answering Professor Burnt's question :p

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
You cheeky sonofabitch

I honestly stopped caring about what Platform Holders call their platforms when the Wii was released. Dealing with that all this time has softened the blow of something pretty lame like Vita but at the same time ive never intended on buying this so I guess I really couldnt care either way.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm just gonna call it the PSP2.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Vita? I think it sounds pretty stupid to me.

Why not something that is actually relevant?
Like the Game boy went from the "Game boy" to "Gameboy Pocket" because of the form factor change, or the "Gameboy Light" because it had a lit screen? Or "Game Boy Color" because it finally added color to our handheld games?

Playstation Portable Touch?
(because of the touch screen/pad?)

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm with Josey. I could honestly care less about what these things are called and unless you're a marketing guru; scrutinizing the names is pointless.

Dan

Contributor
It's not really the name I'm worried about, it's that ugly ass text on the bottom. It has the PS3 font for 'PS', and some mismatching font for 'Vita'. If they just abbreviated it to 'PSV' with the original font, I'd be happy as the next guy.

eldiablov

Contributor
Vita is also the alternative name of Beta. A bit worrying about the closeness to the soiled name of Vista but as Abe said, it doesn't actually matter.