• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3DS Nintendo 3DS Coming to US March 27th for $249.99, Europe on 25th

Seth

MD Party Room

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Waaaay too expensive for my taste also. What the hell is Nintendo thinking? They want us to pay over

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The Euro prices are insane, going to be a hard sell over there I think. In the US, $250 is pretty decent - in line with what I expected.

It's a shame the launch lineup is underwhelming. There's some decent third-party offerings like Super Street Fighter IV but nothing that stands out as a must-have, which is a first for any Nintendo launch for me. If Zelda was on the list it'd be all over it day one.

El Diablo

Isn't that close to 400 US dollars for your guys? That's ridiculous.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

rileysnotz

The DSi currently retails in India approx $200 US and the DSi XL at approx $250 US. I'm not even going to wonder how much the 3DS is going to cost here. I'll be able to pick up an xbox360 at the same price of the 3DS. Or mebbe wait for the PSP2.

Nader

Dollars are almost worthless these days because of the inflation, so it's not that big a of a deal really.

Seth

MD Party Room
The Euro prices are insane, going to be a hard sell over there I think. In the US, $250 is pretty decent - in line with what I expected.

It's a shame the launch lineup is underwhelming. There's some decent third-party offerings like Super Street Fighter IV but nothing that stands out as a must-have, which is a first for any Nintendo launch for me. If Zelda was on the list it'd be all over it day one.

I thought zelda ocarina of time was part of the line up

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I thought zelda ocarina of time was part of the line up

Nope :/ It's supposed to come out this year though so hopefully the wait won't be that long.

This is the full lineup according to Gamasutra:

Asphalt 3D (Ubisoft)
Bust-a-Move Universe (Square Enix)
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D (Ubisoft)
Crush 3D (Sega)
Dead or Alive Dimensions (Tecmo Koei)
Dual Pen Sport (Namco Bandai)
Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars (LucasArts)
Madden NFL Football (EA Sports)
Nintendogs & Cats (Nintendo)
Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D (Konami)
Rabbids Travel in Time (Ubisoft)
Rayman 3D (Ubisoft)
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom)
Ridge Racer 3D (Namco Bandai)
Samurai Warriors Chronicles (Tecmo Koei)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (Atlus)
Steel Diver (Nintendo)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D (Capcom)
The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts)
Super Monkey Ball 3D (Sega)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D (Capcom)
Thor: God of Thunder (Sega)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars (Ubisoft)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D (Ubisoft)

Not all of them will be available day one.. but they're due out within the "launch window."

eldiablov

Contributor
Im not paying more than a brand new Xbox 360 for a portable handheld and especially on something with lacklustre specs. Looks like Sony have picked up another PSP2 buyer >.>

I wonder why this was region locked ( `-`)

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Dollars are almost worthless these days because of the inflation, so it's not that big a of a deal really.

Even factoring in inflation doesn't account for the high price. The Gameboy launched at $90 way back when and if it was launched now, it'd be $130. That included a game as well. Hell, even the DS Lite launched at $130 back in 2006.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Even factoring in inflation doesn't account for the high price. The Gameboy launched at $90 way back when and if it was launched now, it'd be $130. That included a game as well. Hell, even the DS Lite launched at $130 back in 2006.
For some odd reason, when I read gameboy. I remember hiding under my blankets as a kid when I was suppose to be sleeping, playing pokemon with a flashlight because the first gameboys didn't have a backlight.

Ahhhh good times.