• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3DS Nintendo Officially Pegs 3DS Battery Life At 3-5 Hours

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
3ds3.jpg

Thanks to a recent Chinese leak, we now know the 3DS packs a 1300 mAh battery. Just how much hours of gameplay does that translate to in a real-world scenario? According to a just-released spec sheet from Nintendo of Japan, they've officially pegged the handheld at 3-5 hours tops.

Of course, that's assuming a 3DS title is housed in the cartridge slot[...]

Continue reading: Nintendo Officially Pegs 3DS Battery Life At 3-5 Hours...

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Ouch. Was expecting better than just 3-5 hours to be honest. If Nintendo aren't careful then this might end up hurting the launch the same way the PSP's battery life did. I'll be waiting for a revision of the hardware anyways regardless.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I dont think it will. You can couple so-so battery life with somthing innovative like 3D gaming and probably not take a huge hit on sales.

Adiuvo

Didn't they previously say turning off the 3D would double battery life? I wonder if that still applies.

Even still, I'm disappointed. Battery life was one of the great things about the DS.

eldiablov

Contributor
Didn't they previously say turning off the 3D would double battery life? I wonder if that still applies.

Even still, I'm disappointed. Battery life was one of the great things about the DS.

I agree. This is disappointing news.

Riorio99

That's pretty sucky, if I'm honest. I am extremely disappointed with Ninty on this. Hopefully turning the 3D off will increase it.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
That's pretty poor... Hopefully they find a way to up it (more mAh?)