• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3DS Nintendo Slashes 3DS Price In Japan, From 25,000 To 15,000 Yen

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nintendo just announced a massive price drop on the 3DS from 25,000 to 15,000 yen ($190). That's a markdown of around $100 USD. The reduction goes into effect on August 11.

A similar drop is planned for overseas markets during Nintendo's fiscal Q2. Specific dates have yet to be announced[...]

Continue reading: Nintendo Slashes 3DS Price In Japan, From 25,000 To 15,000 Yen...

Adiuvo

Sheesh, the profit margins on the thing must be huge for them to do it by that much that quickly.

Sheesh, the profit margins on the thing must be huge for them to do it by that much that quickly.

Doubt it, probably decided to sell at a loss, or have razor thin profit margins, looking to make it up in software. Same thing sony's been doing with the PS3. Software is where you see real big profit margins.

Adiuvo

Still, after the Wii and DS this kind of thing is unexpected. I thought they would have loved to keep the same huge percentage they did with those systems.

El Diablo

Looks like the time to sell my 3ds to try and get back as much money is now and buy another one later once more shit is out for it.

ShadowmanX5

Tbh I'm not sure the 3DS is doing so well, all I've heard about it is just bad news, either all its games are remake's or companies making games one play through only and I've heard about 4 games been canceled due to lack of interest :\ I'm thinking these cuts are coming to increase interest. Either that or the fact that the 3DS is a possible controller for the Wii U so that could be the reason...