• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Not an official thread but...

explosions

Can someone fix the post merger code? It says "new post was added at XX:XX EST", but XX:XX is the poster's local time.

EvilSeph

Administrator
The post merger code is accurate. XX:XX is the *server* time (time zone: EST/EDT) the person made a double post, which is why the "Previous post" time is supplied too.

Thanks for the feedback!

EvilSeph

Administrator
The date isn't included (so you're unaware of what day each individual time applies to), and with each double post the "main" post's time is altered too...so I can see how that is confusing. What would you suggest?

I was going to code it so that it would pull the poster's local that but after considerable thought, that would result in even more confusion.

explosions

The date isn't included (so you're unaware of what day each individual time applies to), and with each double post the "main" post's time is altered too...so I can see how that is confusing.

The confusing part is how the "main" post time and the newest double post time don't match up in that post I linked, if it's altered and on server time.

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM EST ----------

lol merge

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM EST ----------

AM? I know for a fact that it's PM in the EST timezone. (I changed my timezone in User CP to show what I meant.)

EvilSeph

Administrator
Hm, point taken. I might be mistakening this system with another I was working on... It does indeed take the time from the poster's settings and it isn't EST... I wonder why I added that then, hm.

Thanks for the bug report, much appreciated :)! I'll look into it.

Dan

Contributor
Also to do with the time, when you edit a post after midnight, it says for example, 12:13 AM. Shouldn't it be 00:13 AM?

Merh, it's probably not that important though :p

Hellcat

Contributor
So, how about all the suggestions here?
Anything of it coming with the next MfM firmware update? ;):D

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Something else that would be cool to have on the site is something that shows what the newest highscore was (and on what game) on the MFM arcade page. I know it's already shown who beat the latest scores and on what game, but it would be cool to know what that score is.

explosions

Hm, point taken. I might be mistakening this system with another I was working on... It does indeed take the time from the poster's settings and it isn't EST... I wonder why I added that then, hm.

Thanks for the bug report, much appreciated :)! I'll look into it.

Thanks for the work you do around here, and still being able to listen to the community. <3 (I know that must require a lot of patience, lol)