• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[NOT SCAM] cFosSpeed - Boosts Internet Speed

LocutusEstBorg

This isn't a scam like all the other 'boosters' out there. Its actually a custom TCP/IP driver that replaces the Windows one and is faster, amongst having other features (Priorities for different applications/protocols, PING reducer).

As far as speed is concerned, I don't think it'll make a difference for people with multi megabit connections. But it gives me 5-6 KiB/s more on my 512KBit line, which is almost 10% more.

The main feature is not the speed boost, but the Traffic Shaping abilities. It has a relatively advanced configuration which allows you to choose from Lowest to Highest priorities for network packets based on Protocol, Application (EXE Name) etc.

By default, P2P stuff is given lowest priority, which means when you browse while downloading in the background, the browser is still almost as fast as if nothing else is downloading.

You can manually add game EXEs and set them to highest priority. I was able to play COD4 with only a 10ms increase in PING with torrents running in the background. There was no packet loss or additional lag whatsoever. There was absolutely no need to cap the download speed in the torrent client. The cFosSpeed driver automatically gives prioritized applications all the bandwidth they need while choking lower priority ones.

Aside from priority, you can switch it to PING Mode, where you get less bandwidth but i got almost 20 ms (!!!) lower ping.

I use version cFosSpeed.v4.25.1431.

I'm guessing this is XP only? Seems interesting...

It does not make your connection faster, though. It's just making some adjustments to get higher speeds. If your ISP is giving you 250 kbps, it's not going to magically rise to 275 kbps. But your speeds may get closer to 250 kbps.

I wonder if the Vista/OS X/Linux network drivers incorporate some of these features.

LocutusEstBorg

Zero. said:
I'm guessing this is XP only? Seems interesting...

It does not make your connection faster, though. It's just making some adjustments to get higher speeds. If your ISP is giving you 250 kbps, it's not going to magically rise to 275 kbps. But your speeds may get closer to 250 kbps.

I wonder if the Vista/OS X/Linux network drivers incorporate some of these features.

It works with all Windows including XP x64 which I'm currently using.

I get more than I paid for. Normally HTTP downloads stabalize at exactly at 63-64 KiBPS (which is what it should be for 512KBit). In my case the modem links as fast as possible (so link overheads won't eat into my 512). The bandwidth is software limited at the ISP. With this I now get fluctuating speeds between 70-75KiBPS.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
are there any speeds i should tweek to get the max out of torrents(as that is all i use that pc for)?