• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Official] eXophase IRC Channel

EvilSeph

Administrator
I still not seeing the draw to the irc thing...

I've been brooding over this; why do I love IRC so much? There are many reasons, whether it be that it allows me to communicate with many different people all over the world instantly and personally or that forums aren't as personal to me, as IRC is, etc. - it all goes back to the fact that I would not be getting to know the many people active in IRC over the forums (the PM system is so...tedious) and I would not be able to bear witness to any quick wit and the true intelligence of the members of our community.

IRC is instant, it's personal and it's easy to use. You just connect and type what you want to say. It's exactly like a multiplayer notepad. And how much more simpler can you get than notepad?

Yeah - I stopped visiting the IRC. It became some lame ass TF2 chan - and if you don't like the game or don't play it's useless.

I apologise for all the TF2 related talk that has gone on over the last few days, but I have no choice but to coax people into helping me test the new TF2 server by playing with me.

There simply is no other way. If I ask someone to test something, their automatic and human response is to agree (if they want to), do as I ask and then leave me be to work on the server.

However, if I ask people to play on the server, they will and I can have some fun with them (and get to know them better) while watching out for any issues we may face on the server.

However, having said all that, it is not like I've been forbidding the discussion of any other topic, so if you are able to come up with an interesting one, you'll likely get a response, regardless of if we're playing or discussing TF2.

SERIFAZ

WCP Dev
Pie is good...
If you disagree with me your taste buds are
sadly misguided.:closedeyes:

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
I personally love IRC. As EvilSeph said, it's a great way to chat in real time. Ultimately, I prefer forums, as I simply don't have the time to spend quality time on IRC any more, but that still doesn't render IRC useless. I was able to get to talk to a lot of members and get to know them a bit better very quickly thanks to IRC - something I'm not sure would have happened over the forums alone.

january39

eXo Staff
Ive been hitting the IRC a little and it is much needed, getting to know people a little better than forum posts. Moves quick though ;)

I too find spending quality time on it tricky though hence forum posts suit me a little better as i can do it at my pace.

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
:eek: it sees "pcstalljr" "pcap" and even "patrick"(!?) as a bot? >.< i have been Z:Lined many times now. :scared:

Seth

MD Party Room
I dont understand this whole Irc thing. People are just a little to uptight there, It like I cant be vanden.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I dont understand this whole Irc thing. People are just a little to uptight there, It like I cant be vanden.

Not really. I kicked you because half of your messages just consisted of random words that made no sense. It's a chat room, yes, but you have to put a little effort into what you type. Your posts aren't anyway near as bad on the forums.