• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Official PS3 Slim images, video, tech specs

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I think the new buttons on the front are quite nice.

_Syn

Why couldn't they make the transition from the sexy, sleek and attractive PS3 #1 to this ugly, son of a bitch, unattractive PS3 #2, like they did the PS2 Phat, to the PS2 Slim. Sorry, I just had to let it out ..

But, I'll be keeping my #1.

Hellcat

Contributor
Ah, the look of the old one is unbeatable, that's out of the question :D

I think I'll mod the case of the slim a bit.... add some lights or such....

user friendly

I'm going to wait for the inevitable white slim. Would look weird in my setup though but I bet it's going to look way nicer than the black slim.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm going to wait for the inevitable white slim. Would look weird in my setup though but I bet it's going to look way nicer than the black slim.

A white matte finish doesn't look as good as a black one imo. The white fat PS3 looks good I think but I'm not too sure how it will carry over if they decide to use a matte finish with it

Hellcat

Contributor
Hmm, I might paint mine red :D But that again wouldn't work well with the blue/red lighting I wanted to add :-/

user friendly

150k PS3 Slim sold first week in Japan, 999% Increase in the UK.

Original Link (famitsu)
English Link
The Playstation 3 has its biggest week in terms of hardware sales this past week in Japan. According to the Japanese video game website Famitsu, the system has sold 150,832 units in that region from August 31 to September 6. A vast majority of the units sold (150,252) could be attributed to the launch of the Playstation 3 Slim and its new lowered price tag of 29980 yen on September 3.

That is quite an impressive and much-needed performance for Sony, especially considering that the Playstation 3 sold fewer than 15,000 units in all of August. In total, the Playstation 3 has sold 3,431,964 units so far in Japan.

GamesIndustry.biz
Sony introduced the new, slimmer SKU last Tuesday, and although Chart-Track does not reveal actual sales numbers, Dorian Bloch, director of the firm called the growth "a huge increase".

"The uplift on week 36 on week 35 is plus 999 per cent," revealed Bloch. "We don't give out the hardware numbers, but never-the-less it's a very large increase."

Much higher for JPN than I expected.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
beat me to it user friendly :p But yeah, the PS3 is starting to make its comeback..