• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Official PS3 Slim images, video, tech specs

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
beat me to it user friendly :p But yeah, the PS3 is starting to make its comeback..

The PS3 has a long way to go still before you can start talking about a comeback. The slashing of the 360's price in the US increased sales of that a lot and the PS3 and 360 sold pretty much the same amounts here.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Depends... on the UK even with the price cut, the PS3 it outselling the 360 3 to 1... And UK has been 360-land..

Adiuvo

Europe as a whole has mainly been PS3 however. It'll be interesting to see if those countries got a boost as well.

user friendly

The PS3 has a long way to go still before you can start talking about a comeback. The slashing of the 360's price in the US increased sales of that a lot and the PS3 and 360 sold pretty much the same amounts here.

While I agree with you about it being too early to call it a comeback the 360 price cut won't have nearly as big of an affect as the slim launch will. 360 has been lower than $299 for a long time now, this is the first time the PS3 has been this low, plus new hardware. 150k in Japan though, jesus....

What's also really amazing is that there wasn't a "big" game other than Gundam. I think we'll still see 80k+ next week. YTD, it's higher than the Wii in Japan. Elite is now 20% cheaper then the slim in the UK as well.

I'd say this has passed Sony's and pretty much everyone else's expectations.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The PS3 has been trailing the 360 in units sold worldwide totals for the past 10 weeks. I'd be willing to argue that you will see this trend obviously broken this week, and possible for the next month. Then I can see things leveling back off where Wii totals still take the top spot and 360 and PS3 round out things in that order.

The PS3 has 7+ million units to make up on the 360, and having a good few weeks or even a good quarter aren't going to make much of a dent in that. Especially if they go back to being neck and neck the closer the holiday season gets.

Vee

PS3 is only 1 million units behind 360 in UK.

Given that the 360 launched a year earlier in the UK, it looks like atleast in that territory, PS3 will catch up and eventually overtake.

user friendly

I think that has a lot to do with people waiting for the inevitable. I say by the end of 2010, PS3 will be 2nd place. Call me crazy.

user friendly

I think, Japan will really make the difference here. They're yet to really break into the HD console scene like they have with handhelds. FF13 and to a lesser extent GT5 should boost sales, maybe to this same level. I'm thinking, this weeks numbers will be fairly similar and the holiday is right around the corner. If it drops off to like 30k or less within a month, we'll know that they're done with consoles and the sony is destined to last place this generation.

Either way, games are only getting better for both platforms (I know), 2010 is going to be the best year yet.

/drunk post.

Tommi

I just bought one.

Much smaller than I thought it was and no power brick either. It's still a heavy machine, but I like it.

Adiuvo

Makes sense. They're already sold out at my local Best Buy and Target, like any new console. The original PS3 went for over $1000 at one point IIRC.