• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Official Sony image packs?

solarnoise

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about picking up some PSX games from PSN.

When you get a PSX game from Sony, does it already have images and everything for the XMB?

In particular:

Does the main icon look like the wide PSP ones, or does it look like those square ones with the PSX logo like I've seen on popsdb.com?

Do they include background music?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about picking up some PSX games from PSN.

When you get a PSX game from Sony, does it already have images and everything for the XMB?

In particular:

Does the main icon look like the wide PSP ones, or does it look like those square ones with the PSX logo like I've seen on popsdb.com?

Do they include background music?

The official PSX packages do include a custom background and icon, looks exactly like this:

psxpsp.jpg

They are lacking background music however. The icon looks fine, but sort of disappointed on the backgrounds they stick on these games. So plain and uninspiring. You'd think they would make it look as appealing as possible. Good thing you can always add your own, though.

solarnoise

As usual, your help is greatly appreciated, x3sphere!

Funny, I was thinking about getting Castlevania and that's the game featured in the pic you provided =)

I would definitely spice up those images with the custom ones you can find online.