• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Official WoW Discussion Thread

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
You knew this was gonna be made.

Serideth

Anyone else just completely burnt out with this game now?

I think it's an awesome game, but I can't take it no more :(

Adiuvo

My nine year old cousin never shuts up about it. Every day I hear about the new expansion pack.

I've never played it though, but I've been considering. How long does it usually take to get to 'the good part?' I've heard various numbers of hours, ranging from 20 to 50.

Serideth

Well once you know what you're doing you can get to 30 in a few day which is when it starts getting decent, but I advise botting for your own sanity if you play it.

Brad

Yoshimi
Currently retired with a level 70 Mage myself. I may return for wotlk, still un-decided.

Adiuvo

Pixel Princess said:
Well once you know what you're doing you can get to 30 in a few day which is when it starts getting decent, but I advise botting for your own sanity if you play it.
Which class is a good start?

Teowulf

Pixel Princess said:

I played for about a year, but really got tired of the constant grinding. I switched over to LOTRO, and now I'm playing WAR, which I absolutely love (you can level completely by PvP!).

That was before they cut the XP req for 70 in half though.

Brad

Yoshimi
Teowulf said:
I played for about a year, but really got tired of the constant grinding. I switched over to LOTRO, and now I'm playing WAR, which I absolutely love (you can level completely by PvP!).

That was before they cut the XP req for 70 in half though.

Have you seen the recruit a friend leveling shit? Its crazy how easy they are making it at this time.

Teowulf

Brad said:
Have you seen the recruit a friend leveling shit? Its crazy how easy they are making it at this time.
Yep, I've heard that it's ridiculously easy, and it made me happy that I quit. If someone spends 10 days played time leveling to 70, and then someone comes along after a patch and can do the same in 5 days, something is wrong.

And yes, WAR=Warhammer Online.

Serideth

Yeah one of my friends GMs on it he said it's amazing. I might pick it up once this site is going smoothly, not now because I won't be able to stop playing it knowing me.

twelve

I'm not dead
Pixel Princess said:

Yep. And I only got to level 32. I got fed up with the grind and walking taking decades.

I know there are lvl 30 mounts now that might help me like it a bit more but I just find myself getting so bored of it.

Serideth

To be honest the level 30 mounts get boring too after a day or too. The game has just lost its luster for me.

Brad

Yoshimi
Well end game is were its at really with this game. To each their own tho I guess.

Tsunaii

eMummeh
I have to say i love this frigging boring game in the face. I have no idea why. i guess its like liking alcohol. its addictive.

Tsunaii

eMummeh
Pixel Princess said:
But are you not finding it's loosing it's charm yet?
yes and no. i like the social aspect, and i love the fact i keep getting cool new armour and spells, like in Spellforce, and the whole having a Guild thing from Guildwars. If only it didnt take so long to become a good Character...... took me a year and almost 30+ characters to find one i liked and i am still only level 43 at best. I am a hunter though. which rocks. but i have tried every combination at least once. at least to level 3 each one. monotony ftl

Brad

Yoshimi
Re enabled my WoW sub guys. Leveled my twink out of the 19 bracket going to 29. My 70 is gonna sit until wotlk for the most part.

Colm

twelve said:
Yep. And I only got to level 32. I got fed up with the grind and walking taking decades.
Yeah, WoW is one of those games that you can only really enjoy after putting a lot of work to get to a high level. Also a 32 quitter here.