• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Official WoW Discussion Thread

El Diablo

This was posted on my guilds forums today, I thought it was pretty epic

For those who dont know this guy here he is from blizzcon
[video=youtube;DwyMB19q7ms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwyMB19q7ms[/video]
I was browsing the MMO-champ site and came across a thread about him and an epic screenshot from the beta now, seems blizzard listens and fixes mistakes lol
FRLiJ.jpg

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
Laughed so hard when Chris Metzen turns to the side and says "yeah what did happen?".
Community 1 - Blizzard 0

El Diablo

Bumping this for what I'm sure is uber nerdage going on. I went to sleep at 9:00 on Monday night, set my alarm for 3 and was online by 3:30 once I got past the login boss.

I'm sort of disappointed in the expansion so far. I don't like the ridiculous amount of phasing they used for the Cata stuff, and I don't like how all of the quests are basically one giant chain. I like how in wrath and bc or even vanilla you would go into a zone, pick up 5+ quests at the main hub there and go do them and come back. Now it feels like you get a max of 3 at once, do them, go back, turn all 3 in and get another 1 or 2. I just think it's sort of boring. Also Blizzard originally had said the 5 levels for Cata should take as long as the 10 from bc or wotlk but I hit 85 Wed. night, I think the server first for my server was maybe 10 hours? There were people getting realm first mining and what not less than an hour into the xpac on my server too. Anyway, I'm sure I'll like it a lot more now that I'm 85 and can start actually playing the game, just was a little bummed with the leveling.

Also, I don't know if I posted here but I managed to get my account back a little over a month ago and of course didn't learn my lesson and instead of buying Cata I gave someone gold for it...here's to hoping I don't get permabanned again.

TeamOverload

Sounds like the opposite of what I've heard about the zoning from most people. I've heard most people love the new areas and questing. The leveling complaints are pretty consistent, but I believe Blizzard had no desire for it to take long to reach 85. They want people to enjoy and focus on the endgame more so than the leveling process, as has been seen with all of their recent patches as well.

Serideth

Well I came back to Wow.

EU Server - Bronze Dragon Flight (This has been our communities EU server since the olden QJ days).

Myself and Roe are gonna roll, anyone else down? We're hoping to do a referral thing so we all get 3x exp.

Cloudy

When I get paid (20th) I'm going to start subscribing again now that I have Internet - hence my entry in the Cata giveaway thread. I'll be rolling a new character. I'm bronze dragon flight too but probably too casual to level with anyone else :p

Serideth

When I get paid (20th) I'm going to start subscribing again now that I have Internet - hence my entry in the Cata giveaway thread. I'll be rolling a new character. I'm bronze dragon flight too but probably too casual to level with anyone else :p
Awesome man, what level are your toons?

TeamOverload

Looks like a bunch of people I know, here, and elsewhere have been getting back into the game lately. Nice to see. Too bad all you players here are on EU servers >_<

Brad

Yoshimi
Dinged 85 a few days ago. Damn game keeps pulling me back...

Heroics are hell currently with randoms hoping people in my guild can start forming some runs.

Serideth

I'm tempted to but to be honest WoW takes up so much time if you want to get anywhere in it and I have invested enough of my life into it, I'm only going to be young once and with 22 coming up around the corner I'm starting to regret wasting so much of my time on MMOSs.

Hi past life Serideth, just to let you know that new expansion is gonna hook you in real good.

TeamOverload

Picked up Cata at the mall tonight, now that I'm finally actually getting into WoW. Just hit 40 on my main character tonight (Orc Warrior), and started rolling a Worgen Warlock which I got to level 10 in. I've only really been playing in depth for two weeks. Before I'd dabbled in the game, but never really gotten past mid-late 20s.

phoenixv5

Okay, I'm a complete noob to WoW.
Did play some though.
So some questions:

1) I have WotLK. If I download and install patch 4.0.3 or something, what will happen?
Does that, like turn WotLK into Cataclysm or do I have to get Cataclysm seperately.
2) Been playing WotLK for some time, but still have no idea what I'm doing or what I'm supposed to do to finish the game.
3) Is it just quests and free roaming and a few dungeons? Or is there anything else?
4) Is it possible to play Cataclysm OFFLINE?
5) Is the WotLK story playable in Cataclysm?
6) What am I suppossed to do in order to reach the battle at wrathgate and then to take on the Lich king?
7) Can a raid be formed with a 2 member party?

Serideth

Okay, I'm a complete noob to WoW.
Did play some though.
So some questions:

1) I have WotLK. If I download and install patch 4.0.3 or something, what will happen?
Does that, like turn WotLK into Cataclysm or do I have to get Cataclysm seperately.
2) Been playing WotLK for some time, but still have no idea what I'm doing or what I'm supposed to do to finish the game.
3) Is it just quests and free roaming and a few dungeons? Or is there anything else?
4) Is it possible to play Cataclysm OFFLINE?
5) Is the WotLK story playable in Cataclysm?
6) What am I suppossed to do in order to reach the battle at wrathgate and then to take on the Lich king?
7) Can a raid be formed with a 2 member party?

1. You need to buy cata separately, the client will auto updates itself.

2. In WotLK you get to level 80 then do the raids for gear and PvP.

3. More land, quests, maps, dungeons, raids and level cap is 85, not to mention the two new races.

4. Nope, none of the WoW expansions or original will work offline.

5. Yes, cata is an expansion from the original game, everything is still there and more.

6. Not sure on this one.

7. You can turn a two member party into a raid group but you need a certain amount of members for certain raids.

phoenixv5

1. You need to buy cata separately, the client will auto updates itself.

2. In WotLK you get to level 80 then do the raids for gear and PvP.

3. More land, quests, maps, dungeons, raids and level cap is 85, not to mention the two new races.

4. Nope, none of the WoW expansions or original will work offline.

5. Yes, cata is an expansion from the original game, everything is still there and more.

6. Not sure on this one.

7. You can turn a two member party into a raid group but you need a certain amount of members for certain raids.

Replies:

1. Too bad.
2. Reached the highest level and got the best gear. Now what? (clarified in 4)
3. I meant, in WotLK
4. I've been playing offline for over an year :p . Got GM access and no one to ban me in the server for cheating :D
Kinda lonely though! :(
5. Glad to know that.
6. NVM
7. What about for taking on the Lich king (ice crown citadel)? Possible with 2 man group?

Oh and another question: Is it possible to install WotLK and Cataclysm at the same time on a PC