• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Official WoW Discussion Thread

El Diablo

Sorry but if you've been playing this game offline for a year by yourself and think it's just a few dungeons because you can plow through them like a joke, you have no idea what the game has to offer.

phoenixv5

EXACTLY!!!!
So how much should I pay for getting the real deal?
Cataclysm + blizz server for, say 1 year?

phoenixv5

150?
That's like................................. Rs10000 !!!!
Same price as a PSP ! Isn't that kinda unfair?
You guys paid that much?
Seriously?

Serideth

150?
That's like................................. Rs10000 !!!!
Same price as a PSP ! Isn't that kinda unfair?
You guys paid that much?
Seriously?
I earn that in a few hours no biggie, even with a minimal wage it's nothing.

In other news ding 81.

Cloudy

Can't wait to get back into this game again. Will have to wait until February when I come back from America though :)

phoenixv5

Isn't it obvious from my statement about Rupees that I'm from India.
In other words, yes I DON'T have a job and won't for another 3-5 years. :'(
Sadly that's the way it is here.
And even if I work for a whole month, I can hardly make that much!!!

El Diablo

You pay for it over time....most people bought WoW and game time to play...then bought BC when it came out and continued to pay for time, then bought wotlk when it came out and continued to buy game time, then bought cata when it came out etc etc. It wasn't spending 200 dollars at once, you pay it over time and 15 dollars a month isn't bad.

For Christmas Blizzard had vanilla for 5 dollars and BC for 5 dollars, maybe even wotlk too or for 10 dollars, that's the game and 2 expansions for 20 bucks, then cata is like 40. Even if those sales aren't going on you can still find the battlechest or deals on the game and expansions.

You're also not going to have to buy them all at once. Buying the regular game will let you level to 60, you can easily do that in the first free month of game time you get. BC allows you to go to 70 which you should also be able to do in that first free month. Then leveling will slow down a little and you'll have some more time between 70-80 and 80-85.

Edit: Those sales are over but even then, the battlechest is 40 dollars which comes with BC and Vanilla and I'm sure a free month of game time plus strategy guides you'll never use. Leveling through those 2 expansions will take some time before you would have to spend another 40 on wotlk and or cataclysm.

phoenixv5

I guess that isn't THAT bad.
But I will lose these stuff...................

WoWScrnShot_122610_085924.jpgWoWScrnShot_122010_105840.jpg

phoenixv5

Can anyone tell me a good private server to start playing.
To learn the game and all.

Never played an MMO and all, so is there one for noobs?

phoenixv5

phoenixv5

Are there any other good private servers?

TeamOverload

I am hating the leveling from 55-58 :/ Anyone got any good zones they recommend? I was working in Silithus, but there aren't too many quests there and they're all pretty spread out and not very exciting.

El Diablo

I think the game is just one big joke now.