• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Only safe mode boots. WIN 7

Serideth

I try booting into normal mode and it just loads safemode.

No idea what's up, this morning my laptop went crazy to the point where I had to turn it off. Now it won't boot into normal at all. I tried running startup repair, no dice. I rolled the computer back 10 days in system restore, no luck, I even ran a registery cleaner and I still can't fix it. Any ideas whats up?

EvilSeph

Administrator
This usually happens, at least for me, when a device is plugged in that malfunctioned. Removing said device usually allows the computer to boot up and continue as normal.

Serideth

Yeah you guys were spot on thanks. How on earth did that get ticked I wonder, never even viewed that tab on msconfig, I only ever use the startup one

Once again thanks and rep

Deathrow

This usually happens, at least for me, when a device is plugged in that malfunctioned. Removing said device usually allows the computer to boot up and continue as normal.

Yea, usually you need to uninstall and reinstall some drivers as well.

Honestly, to me it sounds like a registry problem. If problems continue, you might have to do a System Restore or even a Clean Install of Win7 again =/

Edit: NVM! Didn't read the rest of the thread, seems the problem was solved :)