• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

openSUSE 11.1

Seth

MD Party Room
Where just a few days away from much waited openSUSE 11.1...I be installing it on day one I cant wait!!!

Hellcat

Contributor
I am hoping that 11.1 runns on the PS3 again....
Will also d/l it on day 1 :D

Bump: I am hoping that 11.1 runns on the PS3 again....
Will also d/l it on day 1 :D

Seth

MD Party Room
I dont thin your thinking os the right distro.....

OpenSuse is not lightweight at all...

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
I really liked opensuse, but I tried for two days, and could not get my linksys wusb54g v4 installed.

It would be recognized and would show full signal, but it would not let me use it.

Nimsical

Hi, I'm Nima
OpenSuse was the first Linux distro I tried.
Eventually, I didn't have the time to maintain it and switched to Ubuntu.
Now I'm back to OS X. I plan to use Linux later, maybe 2009 will be a Linux year for me.
Who knows? :)

Seth

MD Party Room
I really liked opensuse, but I tried for two days, and could not get my linksys wusb54g v4 installed.

It would be recognized and would show full signal, but it would not let me use it.
Might wanna recheck out Suse then The new linux kernel has greatly improve Wifi cards support as well as many other things...

IF open SUse fails ubuntu might have support for it..

Bump:
OpenSuse was the first Linux distro I tried.
Eventually, I didn't have the time to maintain it and switched to Ubuntu.
Now I'm back to OS X. I plan to use Linux later, maybe 2009 will be a Linux year for me.
Who knows? :)

What there to maintain? The repo? The 6 months updates?

Nimsical

Hi, I'm Nima
Vanden said:
What there to maintain? The repo? The 6 months updates?
I had problems with running Beryl and keeping X sane at the same time, but other than that it's not a hard distro at all (back then I had no *Nix knowledge).
In fact if I use OpenSuse this time, I'll probably have an easy time with it.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
I also had mega problems with my wireless card on Ubuntu 7.10 but then once I was at 8.04 there was a very simple fix.

Yeah, ubuntu 8.04 was an easy fix for my router, but now 8.10 supports it out of the box.

Hellcat

Contributor
Already d/l'ed the ISO, but haven't been home at all the last few days, so still waiting to try on my PS3 if it's working again....