• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Opinions, compliments, complaints - feedback, call it what you want.

AR3S

G0d of W@R
Whatever
By powers I meant more along the lines of what 300k hot and cool at qj gave about 2 years ago... I dont know what they give now. Like ability to close ones own thread and such.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Whatever
By powers I meant more along the lines of what 300k hot and cool at qj gave about 2 years ago... I dont know what they give now. Like ability to close ones own thread and such.

Ah ok, I was never on QJ :p

EvilSeph

Administrator
The FP needs tweaking!
[...]

One of the problems resulting in some feeds coming way to late is the overdoing of prove reading.
Someone writes something, prove reads it, lets someone else prove read it, applies coorections, another prove reading session, more tiny corrections, again provereading by several people.... enventually it gets posted just for someone AGAIN finding something to fix/tweak/correct....
C'mon, quallity, yes, but you can overdo things. Your readers really don't care for the one or the other mistake, not perfectly formatted image or quote or whatever, just post the damn stuff, ppl care for the CONTENT not the tiniest of all mistakes.

Honestly, that is (among simple lack of time) one reason I stopped writing articles for the FP, as with every one you write up, you just KNOW that this certain someone will come and call for corrections.... so tiny noone else would have noticed....

Well, yah, long story short: make the FP more attractive for the audience....

I've heard staff members saying that if you want to help, why not write an article, but it's a bit of a nightmare doing that. When I submitted one once it wasn't even a big article, yet it still took around a day to get it on the front page. It got nit-picked to death over such miniscule details that didn't even matter, and I know other people find this true too. I know you guys have standards, but it's a bit over the top. Also, who's to say that in the time your article is being checked over, someone else like Abe or Frozen won't put up the story before you?

We'll be writing an announcement regarding our editing process as it appears this hasn't been made clear to everyone.

I, personally, apologise to everyone if their experience with our Editing system was not satisfactory and can only promise we'll try our best to improve it moving forward.

Needs more Retro reviwes/user submitted original content ect ect.

We're working on new content and are working closely with a few of our community members who are interested in contributing more content to MfM.

Well if a couple users were willing to make them, couldn't you implement the use of custom .css themes? (kinda like what, tehconnection, and, I'm assuming, waffles) Or is what I'm saying not possible?

Personally, I don't mind creating an official thread where people can submit custom CSS themes, however, I don't think the Staff will be supporting this initiative directly as it could prove to be time-consuming to manage. I'd suggest using external user-CSS to theme MfM to your liking.

[...]
Also maybe add a bit more games to the arcade.

We'll be adding more games soon. I apologise for the delay. I lost all the games I had downloaded when my HDD/whole computer died.

As i've said, there needs to be a system implemented and guidelines to be followed for new content being submitted. It's not a fun experience trying to figure out who to give your articles to etc :/ Sometimes people are busy and it can take a long time before stuff is figured out and you've lost some valuable content.

We will probably be writing up something along these lines soon.

Heres a couple of suggestions I thought of:
[...]
-Where there is MFM Live, why not make a ps3 one with trophies, if its possible
-Developers get their own released section in their user profile

MfM Live is possible because of how open Xbox Live is. The PSN does not offer any way for developers to easily create something similar to MfM Live for the PSN.

We are working on things that will give Developers more tools and easier management and marketing of their projects. Unfortunately, I have no ETA on this.

That's because the MFM Staff have to review every bloody thing, have a huge ass discussion and fap about everything that happens. Then if the voting isn't unanimous, we're all fucked.

I'm not sure why you get this impression. It may be because we do strive for quality, however, we generally deal with issues (like spammers, trolls, malicious users etc.) and then discuss it after to learn from the experience.

Other things that don't require immediate action are discussed to ensure we make the best and unbiased decisions for the the benefit of the M for Mature Community.

They have mod powers within IRC according to the link

You're right. They did use to get mod powers on IRC, however we've changed that recently and forgot to update that thread. Thanks for the heads up.

------------------------------

In general, thank you for all your input, opinions, suggestions and constructive criticism. Please keep it all coming as we're always looking for ways to improve on our MfM.

As you can see above, we're looking into a lot of the ideas you guys have brought up and are actively discussing them backstage.