• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Origin - Unable to change privacy setting

Deepo

My Origin stats hasn't updated since December, and I realized today that it's because my profile appears to suddenly be private (Username Deepo). I tried going to the account settings on EA.com and changing it there, but the "Achievements and Origin Points" option seems to be gone from the Privacy settings.

I tried it with a second profile as well, and it's the same problem there, no option to change "Achievements and Origin Points".

Anyone else able to check if this is the case on their profile as well?

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I no longer see the "Achievements and Origin Points" setting in my account either.

My profile still seems to be publicly viewable, however. I'll try updating the settings in my account and see what happens. I wonder if it's defaulting to privacy on when making any edits, since that other setting no longer exists.

Deepo

I'm not entirely sure this is your Origin profile, but I assume it is. Seems like your achievements are hidden now as well.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, that is mine. Seems like this something EA will have to fix then :/

Deepo

I'll contact their support later today and see if I can get some answers. Thanks for looking into it. I really hope this is a mistake on EA's part, and not a deliberate change to the Origin profiles.

Deepo

Spoke to EA support now, and they suggested I try to empty the Origin cache and run the client as an administrator. Great help, considering the problem is on the profile page on EA.com. Going to try again later, hopefully I'll get someone that actually wants to understand the problem.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Somehow that's not surprising, lol. Yeah, hopefully it's not an intentional change.

I also just tried adding the account I use for scanning profiles as a friend to my main one, but unfortunately I still can't see the profile. Was hoping that'd be a workaround.

Tried tweeting at the help account too.

Last edited:

Deepo

Just had a looong chat with a very friendly EA support person. She ended up actually logging into my account and poking around there for a good while. She concluded that it was a bug, and escalated it (hopefully to the devs), so I think I've gotten the point across. I'll go and post a bug report on their forums as well, and then I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully they get back to you on that tweet as well!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Seems like the option is back now, btw. I enabled it again and my profile is no longer showing as private :)

Deepo

Wow, now that is some pretty speedy fixing from EA! Had a look at my profile, and sure enough, the option is back. I've enabled it, and my profile is public, but the data looks a bit weird so far when looking at it from another profile. It says on the page that privacy changes might take some time to go into full effect, so I'm hoping it's fixed in a day or so. Exophase still isn't picking up my newer achievements, but that's probably related to the data being weird.

N1N4_Arch3r

Is anyone still having problems with linking the Origin account? I can't seem to get it to work even though everything is set to public.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Is anyone still having problems with linking the Origin account? I can't seem to get it to work even though everything is set to public.

Please post your Origin username here and I'll take a look. Also sometimes the setting doesn't immediately take affect on Origin -- we've seen some users had to wait at least 24 hours before their profile was public.

Last edited:

XrazgarX

I am having the same issue however I switched everything back to public a few hours ago. I will post an update if anything changes.

Never mind after posting this the problem seemed to have corrected it's self. Squeaky wheel and all of that I suppose.

Last edited: