• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

OUYA

Oseru

OUYA - Official Website

OUYA said:
We love playing games on the TV and we want to bring the most creative, innovative and engaging games back to the TV by allowing any developer—big or small, experienced or new, paparazzi-famous or up-and-coming—to easily build games for the big screen. Your favorite and soon-to-be-favorite games in 1080p—what’s not to love?

Anyone pick one of these up at all?

I use mine as a general emulation/streaming/android games unit. It's a nice little system.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've got one and haven't really touched it at all. The lack of inverted controls in a lot of the games turned me off. Also the interface was extremely clunky. I'm sure it's faster now but it was a huge turn-off as a backer of the system.

Seth

MD Party Room
Have One really not worth it at all, unless you still love playing SNES on a bad controller

Oseru

Seth said:
Have One really not worth it at all, unless you still love playing SNES on a bad controller

The controller definitely needs a lot of work. I've read you can pair wired 360 controllers, wireless ps3 controllers, and an abundance of other ones on the forum. My only personal problem with that is I have none of those, nor the funds to be forking out to buy one.

FrozenIpaq said:
I've got one and haven't really touched it at all. The lack of inverted controls in a lot of the games turned me off. Also the interface was extremely clunky. I'm sure it's faster now but it was a huge turn-off as a backer of the system.

I haven't noticed an issue with the inversion of controls in the games I've downloaded and tried. The interface has gotten a little bit of work done since the backer systems/updates.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The controller definitely needs a lot of work. I've read you can pair wired 360 controllers, wireless ps3 controllers, and an abundance of other ones on the forum. My only personal problem with that is I have none of those, nor the funds to be forking out to buy one.

I haven't noticed an issue with the inversion of controls in the games I've downloaded and tried. The interface has gotten a little bit of work done since the backer systems/updates.

All the original FPS titles (the ball game and a few other games) there were no options to invert the Y axis - a game killer for me. I'll boot my Ouya up and see what they have now.

Hayabusa85

Picked it up at launch since I figured for $100 why not give it a chance. Think the last time I touched it was a week after launch :confused: The poor Wi-Fi performance was a real deal breaker for me so not sure if they have worked on that since then. Closer to my router than anything else I use with no problems and yet I was lucky to get it to connect.