• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Piracy?

Access_Denied

OK, where does M4M stand on the whole piracy issue? Is it allowed at all? Can I help people mod their 360's? Can I link to the GOW2 leak? I want to know. :tup:

BTW- About damn time we start moving away from QJ. The only reason most people stayed is because of the people. Now that the people are here....:love:

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Nice to see ya!

Asking/offering help and discussions on pirating is permitted but we don't want any direct linking/hosting of game backups, ISOs etc..

Seth

MD Party Room
- No Piracy linking! Troubleshooting is completely fine, but no direct links to anything Copyrighted.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Can I link to a site that has game ISO's?

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Yeah as long as it's not in spam form if you catch my drift..

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I was hoping Gears wouldn't leak until closer to release date. Now I have to have blinders on to avoid any discussion of the plot.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
im so glad that your guy's rules are more lax. It always pissed me off when you couldn't ask for rom/iso help on qj.

Access_Denied

Abe Froeman said:
I was hoping Gears wouldn't leak until closer to release date. Now I have to have blinders on to avoid any discussion of the plot.

Why not just download it early yourself? If you plan on buying the game anyway, no harm done. I've never played Gears 1, but I'm downloading Gears 2 to try it out. There's so much damn hype around the game, it's impossible to not get sucked into it. BTW- Someone needs to start a rule thread, and just start updating it as we go along.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I don't think Abe would want to flash his xbox.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Nah, I don't really have an interest in it. If my other xbox wasn't just shipped (today)because it red ringedand i still had two here, I would be very tempted to at the moment.

JEMdev

Access_Denied said:
BTW- Someone needs to start a rule thread, and just start updating it as we go along.
it shouldn't be necessary

as any banned words are censored

common sense should prevail on other issues

all that is truly necessary is a definitive piracy policy
and a stated ban on NFSW content

i assume NFSW is banned, this isn't TCCC after all.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Abe Froeman said:
Nah, I don't really have an interest in it. If my other xbox wasn't just shipped (today)because it red ringedand i still had two here, I would be very tempted to at the moment.
I have two broken xbox360s right now. I shipped one yesterday and I kept the other one because I can still play arcade games.
Once I get my other xbox back, I will send in the one I have after I RROD it then I will flash one xbox and keep the other for online play.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Abe Froeman said:
Me either. I haven't been able to put any good time towards any of these new releases. This week was supposed to be LBP week, but I guess it will be for Gears now, and just when I was getting hooked on Fable 2.

Bubbletune

No offense, but is it really needed to support piracy? I must admit QJ's policies were too strict, and some basic help should be allowed, like playing your own backups and helping people out with emulating their games, but we don't want to see this forum been turned in to a place where 12-year-olds come together to help eachother play their pirated games. Not to mention that supporting privacy will most likely increase the number of idiots signing up here.

And yes, I do realize people will lie about the fact that they own the games, but they atleast read the policies.

It's just a suggestion, if you disagree, don't worry about it ;)

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Bubbletune said:
No offense, but is it really needed to support piracy? I must admit QJ's policies were too strict, and some basic help should be allowed, like playing your own backups and helping people out with emulating their games, but we don't want to see this forum been turned in to a place where 12-year-olds come together to help eachother play their pirated games. Not to mention that supporting privacy will most likely increase the number of idiots signing up here.

And yes, I do realize people will lie about the fact that they own the games, but they atleast read the policies.

It's just a suggestion, if you disagree, don't worry about it ;)

That's pretty much exactly what we are going for here. We know most people download things that they don't and most likely will never own. If there is a troubleshooting issue associated with a piece of that process, they will not be banned here like they would on QJ for asking a question.

Cloudy

JEMdev said:
it shouldn't be necessary

as any banned words are censored

common sense should prevail on other issues

all that is truly necessary is a definitive piracy policy
and a stated ban on NFSW content

i assume NFSW is banned, this isn't TCCC after all.

I believe a rules thread is needed - But there should be a definite policy in place before this.