• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Piracy

xist

January39 - Only the bigger licences still retain copyright (so you won't be able to legally obtain Aliens to my chagrin...that game brings back memories!). Most of the others are freely available from WorldOfSpectrum.org

Slasher

Suck It

silkthreads

I live in India, the new games don't get released here very fast, only very few selected games get released, i want to buy patapon 2, but its not yet out here, and don't tell me to buy it off psn because i tried but i need a billing address and India is not listed so i cannot buy from there too. i have the fraggin money to buy it but its not available.
tried buying it off amazon, but they don't ship to India, if i have to buy it from eBay i have to pay nearly double the price for it, some are charging 24$ for shipping only, when the game is only 19.99$ What am i to do, plus i have to pay currency conversion charges and oh! paypal also charges a small amount, which totally makes the whole item more than twice its actual price, i'd rather pirate a game than pay twice, I have to make a choice of getting cheated or cheat someone, i am no fool i'd rather prefer to cheat,,,,,,,,,

i have a sony e book reader, and i face the same problem, sony wont allow me to buy off the net, its their fault not mine that my ebooks are also pirated, i paid around 100$ extra as taxes apart from shipping charges and the actual price, i have no issues paying but the problem is avaliablity,,,, i know how piracy hurts, i am an architect and would get disgusted if someone ripped my designs with or without my permissions, but like i said if it was avaliable here i wouldnt try piracy, i have a psp 3000 and still bugged, all i've played are some old games and gow till now..... Blame sony for this and please dont tell me you should have not bought a psp, that is also sony's fault for selling it here and not having games. all the gadgets i own are from sony, still i am beginning to hate the company.:angry::angry::angry:

january39

eXo Staff
January39 - Only the bigger licences still retain copyright (so you won't be able to legally obtain Aliens to my chagrin...that game brings back memories!). Most of the others are freely available from WorldOfSpectrum.org

Sweet - I have the FUSE emu, ahhh i remember fondly the rubber keyed miracle. lol.

48k of pure power. :D:scared:

Thanks Xist - will look that up.

seanix

Artists barely make any money off the sales of their albums, they mostly rely on concert sales and appearances on TV shows.

That is almost right.But the sales volume of their albums could also become the evidence which the others use to make the comparison among the singers.So the downloading musics from the Internet such as the format MP3 and APE may violate their rights.

Everyone downloaded the music from the Internet anyway.But when someone finds the album which is attractive,it is a good way to buy the CD or DVD albums in the reality if this guy has enough money to do so.LOL.

Ferris

:=d

Heh.
1) Media prices are outrageous and record and games and movie sales companies know it, if they can enforce anti-piracy laws, they get a hell of a lot of money

2) developers get a minuscule amount of what you pay for the media. You're not actually benefiting them at all purchasing their media.

3) What today is considered piracy (and i do think he made a good point earlier about terminology, however slightly invalid) has changed greatly

Do you think it's fair for companies to hand out poor quality games and to FORCE people to purchase them? That's a bit nuts. Everyone wants a trial run - they deserve a trial run. There are assholes in the world who will just obtain a copy of anything they can get a hold of and really, those are the thieves. In a perfect world, everyone who pirated would later donate to the developers directly and eliminate what unfairness is being done to them by record and game sales companies.
Piracy enablers do what they do with this in mind - the reasonable alternative to wasting every cent you have on terrible games. Companies will manipulate you in any way they can to get money - if they drop the prices and raise the quality, piracy would become less common
I have every intention to donate to my favorite bands. Music is all I've pirated. It isn't right to force people to buy low quality crap just because if they're not, you can say they're *stealing* it. It truly is sharing.

I have to laugh there. So many people that try to justify piracy seem to treat games as necessary. If I can't afford a game then I saimply make do with what I've got. They're not forcing you to purchase crap games. Try reading an official review and don't buy the really crap stuff.

There are people that can't afford food and you guys are making a big deal over the fact that you can't afford all the games that you want. Get a little perspective man.

xist

I would just repost the above message and say Quoted For Truth (QFT) but it'd get deleted. Any older gamers made do, it's a new thing where people think that they deserve to play all the latest games.

silkthreads

Ok,,,,,,,

there are one or two things i want to point out, first off i'd like say i need to do piracy of games even though i can to afford to buy it cause of non-availability of the games in any format, umd or sony psn [i am talking about sony psp], simply because i want to play and its out there,
secondly alright i agree with the fact that if cant afford it or get the game then i just should'nt play but if that is the case i am anyways not buying it and hence sony or any game developer is not making any profit off of me, that's that, so if i went ahead and got a iso/cso playing on my psp, am still not going to be doing harm since i was never going to buy it....., i know its twisted, just imagine if most pirates dont do piracy and still dont buy games cause there are reasons why one does piracy, the devlopers will still make a loss since there are no buyers, so technically i seriousy dont think its piracy of games thats hurts the developers, its the fact that people dont buy, they need to do something about that and not piracy, i for one want to play 6 to 7 games on my psp, by the way which is 3000 and not hacked and am still not able to buy the games due unavaliabilty, dont tell me i am causing a loss to devs and am sure they will not get affected if i pirate games since i am not the targeted player, as those games are not avaliable for me to play.

there are one or two things i want to point out, first off i'd like say i need to do piracy of games even though i can to afford to buy it cause of non-availability of the games in any format, umd or sony psn [i am talking about sony psp], simply because i want to play and its out there,
secondly alright i agree with the fact that if cant afford it or get the game then i just should'nt play but if that is the case i am anyways not buying it and hence sony or any game developer is not making any profit off of me, that's that, so if i went ahead and got a iso/cso playing on my psp, am still not going to be doing harm since i was never going to buy it....., i know its twisted, just imagine if most pirates dont do piracy and still dont buy games cause there are reasons why one does piracy, the devlopers will still make a loss since there are no buyers, so technically i seriousy dont think its piracy of games thats hurts the developers, its the fact that people dont buy, they need to do something about that and not piracy, i for one want to play 6 to 7 games on my psp, by the way which is 3000 and not hacked and am still not able to buy the games due unavaliabilty, dont tell me i am causing a loss to devs and am sure they will not get affected if i pirate games since i am not the targeted player, as those games are not avaliable for me to play.

So you're saying that if you could get the games then you would pay for them?

silkthreads

bah! what do you know what's avaliable in my city.

yup, sadly enough the shop i bought the psp from has some really old games, i want to play patapon 2, not even released in my country yet [ am from bangalore india], most sony shops dont have half the things, some of them dont even sell games only main consoles or electronic gadgets , no accessories at all. I want to play Star Ocean second evolution, which is also not avaliable, and the worst is i have checked for this not only in sony shops but also with other retail games sellers and some big establishments here, they dont stock all games unless they are a big hit, ,,,, i couldnt even buy these games in a black market that we have here...

and yes i have bought games, i bought my psp last november, since than i've bought one game per month, i have

gow
ratchet and clank
daxter
silverfall [had to hunt quite a bit for this game since its not a hit]
final fantasy 7 [fell in love with it and went and even bought one ff movie]
patapon 1
dungeon maker and i also have secret agent clank.
I dont like shooting and racing games. you can go ahead and check even in ebay.co.in for patapon 2 and star ocean second evolution, you wont find it there. and i am not willing to hell pay two to three times the actual price and ship it home from a different country, if i do that i'll feel like am being cheated.

I still plan on buying one game or two a month depending on how much time i have provided its avaliable here.

I have a full mind to sell my psp 3000 and get a psp 2000 with old mobo, easily avaliable for me, all i have to do is go out of my city to a nearby smaller town and pick up one, i know of people who have done that, i am just waiting patiently, trying not to turn to games piracy. like i said since they'r not making any profit off of me, i can indulge in piracy, it will affect them only if its avaliable and i dont buy it.....,

Ferris

>: O

I have to laugh there. So many people that try to justify piracy seem to treat games as necessary. If I can't afford a game then I saimply make do with what I've got. They're not forcing you to purchase crap games. Try reading an official review and don't buy the really crap stuff.

There are people that can't afford food and you guys are making a big deal over the fact that you can't afford all the games that you want. Get a little perspective man.
I don't recall anyone saying they required games to live. The topic is piracy, how do you get around talking about the acquiring of media while staying on topic? No I don't require what I want- but in this case, I've no reason not to grab whatever it is anyway and pay when/what you can. Are you saying you never had a friend rip a rom and allow you to play it? : p even old consoles had pirates.

Handy that Patapon 2 is a downloadable PSN game then!

Sorry, Silkthreads, anyone sensible should understand your point. : P

silkthreads

again

i've already mentioned its not possible for me to buy it from psn, it asks for a billing address and India is not listed in it, not just in psn , i am not able download e books from sony's website because again it needs valid billing address in which my country is not listed,,,,,,,, i have no reason to lie, i earn well, i am an architect and i since i am very choosy which games i play, i dont usually all games hence i can afford to purchase them provided they are avaliable to me,,,,,,,,

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM EST ----------

ferris thank you for understanding, most people think evrybody lies just because they do it. All total hypocrites.